Leaving a bank after 9 years to live & work in Thailand.

I have been working in an international bank for 9 years and after being told my role would move from Hong Kong back to the Isle of Man, thought it was time to move on.

I have decided after 8/9 visits to Thailand during the past 6 months, this will be my new home.

I am now living and working in Bangkok and would like to meet people or have some pointers on where is best for playing Golf (What dress code etc) and where is a good place to help with local communities.

Any suggestions welcome.

Many Thanks

Stuart

The Pinehurst Golf & Country Club I heard is the most famous. About a 45 minute drive from Bangkok. And then you got the Lam Luk Ka Coutry Club. Tho, i have no answers for the dress code as I have never been there. Hope it heps. :)

I don't have golf tips but these sites are good places to start with finding a charity group:

Thai charities

Expat volunteers

Also, I bet if you ask in your office some people are probably already involved in donating clothing/meds to an orphanage or other grouping. Not all expats in BKK are caught up in the girlie-bar scene so just keep looking:)

Enjoy your time there!

I don't really know much about golf but Ayudhya has some nice green if you are in for some driving..

As for some charity work..if you like dogs, try the Soi Dog rescue..