Hi

This is going to sound silly lol but could i get a plane to malta and just go to a hostel and say am homeless and they could put me in a hostel i realy wanto move soon as

you can always try. LOL

Lol am been serious

Who would put you in a hostel? And then what?
Things here are not as you may assume and many things are not like UK.

What I suggest is you explain your situation in more detail, there may be some very practical answers/suggestions for your situation, which would not make you a burden upon a system designed for others far less fortunate. (Assuming your definition of 'hostel' is what I am thinking it is.)

Bobbiek wrote:

This is going to sound silly lol but could i get a plane to malta and just go to a hostel and say am homeless and they could put me in a hostel i realy wanto move soon as

This is not the UK, if you arrived and had no money you would be treated as a tourist with no money and advised to go to the British embassy. They would arrange (at your or your families)  expense a flight home.
If you want to move to Malta I suggest you act like an adult and arrange a job and accommodation then fly out into the real world or at least arrive with enough funds to live while you sort out a job etc.

tearnet wrote:
Bobbiek wrote:

I suggest you act like an adult and arrange a job and accommodation then fly out into the real world or at least arrive with enough funds to live while you sort out a job etc.

Bluddy heck, just what I wanted to say but thought I'd be tactful.
(Chapeau to you sir)

Quite right, do it properly.

wow guys - harsh but oh so true

i must admit to getting a feeling of "free ride required"

Bobbiek wrote:

Sorry, but for me this just about sums up all that is wrong in the UK and one of the reasons that I resist going back except to see family and friends.
I don't know this person or the circumstances around the question but why anyone thinks that they can move anywhere without any means of support and expect that country to support them is beyond me.

Perhaps I'm just old !!

Terry

tearnet wrote:

Sorry, but for me this just about sums up all that is wrong in the UK and one of the reasons that I resist going back except to see family and friends.
I don't know this person or the circumstances around the question but why anyone thinks that they can move anywhere without any means of support and expect that country to support them is beyond me.

Perhaps I'm just old !!

Terry

In that case we're all old..............with standards.
Unless we have totally misinterpreted the original post.
Perhaps they may like to explain?

Just wait thw now, I was emailing a couple of estate agents about a couple of flats in malta and i was explaining my situation, and they suggested going into a hostel of some sort for a month of some sort for a month or so till i get a job and a flat to rent, av applied for a couple of jobs online but still no heard anything bak yet.

with respect - emailing cvs dont work here - they will simply get binned - best to get here and look for a job but have enough cash to last you 3-6months as it can easily take that long.

Bobbiek wrote:

Just wait thw now, I was emailing a couple of estate agents about a couple of flats in malta and i was explaining my situation, and they suggested going into a hostel of some sort for a month of some sort for a month or so till i get a job and a flat to rent, av applied for a couple of jobs online but still no heard anything bak yet.

The hostels that they are referring to are not government run hostels but just cheap hotels. Hundreds of youngsters arrive in the summer looking for jobs and all it takes is a little forward planning. You will be competing against people who have arrived from countries that do not have a welfare system like the UK and are willing to take low paid jobs to earn money to stay, its a tough job market.
You will need money to carry you over until you get a job and flat but please do not expect to get something for nothing as was implied in your original posting.

Good luck is never as reliable as good planning!

Terry

Let me get back to you with some good hostel recommendations.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

with respect - emailing cvs dont work here - they will simply get binned - best to get here and look for a job but have enough cash to last you 3-6months as it can easily take that long.

The Maltese have a saying: you don't pay for a fish in the sea'.
That extends to business and dealing with people, it's face to face, they want to see what they are getting. :)
Apologies for any previous misunderstandings, I'll get hostel info to you as soon as I get updated info from my contacts.

tearnet wrote:

Good luck is never as reliable as good planning!

Terry

Or as we used to say in the military......use the 6 p's

Proper Planning Prevents P*!s Poor Performance

MIke

Jus to let use no a hav aspergas syndrome thts probly y am no wording ths proper

Hi Bobbiek,

I'm away in Germany at the moment and have just been following the posts with a sense of surreality !

Are you really serious in thinking that someone anywhere in Malta is going to pay for your stay here or is it a matter of misunderstanding? It is all about money. Agents want to see money to get you a flat, landlords want to see a down payment towards utilities and repairs, hotels and hostels will want to see a credit card for payment.

It usually takes several months to get settled and for these months you will need a few thousand Euro's to cover expenses. Some don't get settled and leave again fast.

On a more serious basis... what are your qualifications and what kind of job are you looking for? If you are not resident in MAlta your chances of securing a job before you arrive are very minimal.

You will need quite a bit of money to survive until you find an adequate job.

And don't expect any social perks that you might be used to in the UK ! They don't exist here in Malta ... they want your money !

Cheers
Ricky

Bobbiek wrote:

Jus to let use no a hav aspergas syndrome thts probly y am no wording ths proper

The Asperger's seems to be getting worse! as your profile is perfectly legible.

There might be a syndrome in UK for an easy ride but am afraid nothing like that here in Malta - no free handouts - if you come you will need cash in your pocket, at least 6 months worth to give yourself a chance and that should cover accom utilities food bus fares etc - a place to stay, a job to get you healthcare and residency - REMEMBER they want YOUR cash and they will not give you THEIRS....

Its hard even if you do fulfil those requirements when on low wages and long hours... and those hours may only be seasonal...the winter isnt here yet either....thats when it gets really hard.

so think long and hard on jumping ship.....

Aspergas is a form of autism if uv even heard of it

I think most people have heard of aspergers and know it can cause problems with reading, writing etc, but please read carefully the good advice that others have given to you above, they are speaking sense and know what they are talking about, everyone needs to think hard and plan well before moving to another country, hope it all works out for you, take care

OK, just to set a few things straight: a profile reads correctly as it is computer generated by the site from the questions answered.
Secondly, no one should be criticised or otherwise put down for living with Aspergers, which btw, presents a very broad spectrum of issues and can vary greatly. Some of them are that the subject may not be able to empathise or see the world as others see it or understand how their actions/behaviours may impact upon others. I would say to Bobbiek, thank you for informing us and what this perfectly illustrates is the need to be as informative as possible when asking questions or introducing ourselves, even though we may be shy. Because, unless we know, assumptions have to be made in order to try to help and sometimes those assumptions are wrong.
Now to try to offer some good information:

Try these sites:

http://www.grannysinn.com/en/;jsessioni … 156A1D1663

and

http://www.balcomalta.com/

Granny's Inn seems to charge about €20 per night

Another alternative is offered by the English Language Academy which is here:

http://www.elamalta.com/

and I have a file I can send you with the prices for that.

Depending on what you are looking for, my very dependable contacts recommend either Roma Hotel or Sliema Chalet, which would be cheaper if you book through them.  However with Balco, it is probably cheaper if you book directly with them.

Good luck but remember, if you come out here, initially, you are on your own. If you can get over that stage, I am sure you will meet people and have many friends.

Hi Bobbiek,

to get back to the original posting, of course you can just get on a plane and move to Malta. Anybody can.

For the months afterwards before you find work (there is no guarantee though) you should have at least several thousand Euro's in your pocket and enough for a flight back to the UK if it doesn't work out.

It would help giving you advice and comments if you told us what kind of work you will be looking for and what job qualifications you have.

Have you been to Malta before? Why have you chosen Malta to make the move?

The prices quoted for hostels and cheap hotels are very realistic and translate into about 600 € /month. You would probably need another 400 € to live off.

Don't forget, as somebody already said, you will be on your own with no financial support and not much help otherwise.

Cheers
Ricky