Hi!

Hi!

My name is Tess and I have recently moved to Salzburg to be with my Austrian fiance.

I'm currently learning German and will start to look for a job once I have gained a better grasp of the language.

Would love to chat/meet up with anyone out there keen to explore Salzburg during the day.

Tess

Tess!   For those of us not in Salzburg or even Austria, feel free to share your explorations with us!  The Wild Hare

Hi Tess,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Thank you,

David.

Hi Wild Hare!

Are you still thinking of moving to Austria? Is there any specific information you want or just a general feel of how Austria/Salzburg is?

I've been living in Salzburg for 2 months now and coming over monthly for a year and a half before that so I know the city and area reasonably well although I do feel that some things are completely lost to me because of not knowing the language. I'm currently learning German which definitely helps to feel more at home so if you are planning on coming over and don't yet speak German I would recommend trying to start learning. However, I do know a couple of people who don't speak any German and get along fine because most people speak excellent English.

Where are you planning on moving to? I think Vienna is also an easy place to live if you don't speak German.

Let me know what sort of questions you have and I will try to help!

Tess