Portuguese classes for Spanish speakers

I have just moved to Sao Paulo with my husband and would like to learn Portuguese as quickly as possible. I am bilingual in Spanish-English. Can anyone recommend a good intensive school in or around Jardims area?

Hi, I have the same situation.
thank you for sharing with me if you find a solution.

best regards

inigo

When I arrived to Sao Paulo two years ago, I took classes in Fast Forward in Jardins.  Depending on the professors, the class could be good or average.  I did meet a lot of people and learned a lot in the three weeks I attended classes.. 

The classes are in groups for 4 hours a day in the morning.  They also offer a conversational extensive course for an extra 2 hours in the afternoon.  New groups begin every Monday.

I did have some issues with the school:  they mix Spanish and English speakers in the same group, place more than 6 students in the class during high-season (summer), and sometimes let students choose their own level.

Overall, I had a good and fun experience.  I would recommend a couple of weeks taking group classes there and then finding a private tutor. 

Since you speak Spanish, your needs will be very different from other students.

Thanks you for your extensive answer.

Definitely I'll need to choose the tutor solution since my daily available time is limited.

Hope to find him/her soon.

kind regards

inigo

Hi, folks! Interested in learning proper Portuguese?! I'd be glad to help.

Cheers,
Viviane.

Hi!

My name is Anna Luiza and I have an Institute with a partner. I speak spanish fluently and she speaks english. I can go to your place once I live near Jardins. If you wish, we can meet without commitment. Please send me an e-mail

Best regards
Anna Luiza

Hi Anna and Viviane,

You should please post your ad in the Sao Paulo classifieds > languages classes section.

Thank you.
Christine

Thanks for the information!