Gluten-Free Diet

Hey there guys, I have a friend coming in from the US to be an English teacher, and she has Celiac disease, meaning she must eat Gluten-free. Other than Cozmo, which is pricey at best, is there anywhere else she can find gluten-free foods? Stores? Bakeries? Restaurants? Any suggestions would be hot!

Hi Noura I remember I saw good glauten free in Carrefour , miles in Mecca malls but Carrefour's prices are cheaper .
Regards
Wafaa

Hi there,

Sorry about your friend. In fact, I got curious to know about this disease and the diet associated with it. I found a very useful website with probably good information on alternative food items one can have at home. Ii hope this will be useful and I wish you and your friends all the best. Belal

ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09375.html

Hi Noura,

I am also gluten intolerant and will me moving to Jordan soon, so I would be interested to know where to get some good gluten free products.

There is a gluten free bakery in Amman called Beat Tha Wheat, which I follow on facebook. That might be useful!

facebook.com/BeatThaWheat

hi guys :) i want to find a job for my boyfriend in Amman so he can move in here with me :) ,,, well he is a director of his NGO ( nonprofit organisation )in Slovenia it is an international NGO since 15 years experience in youth in action , youth exchange , society development in all over Europe Caucasus region Turkey Afghanistan Iran Palestine Jordan , well any suggestions will be appreciated i hope any one can help me with resources where i can look or ideas :) ... thanks

Hi
I heard a place at Soifeah my x-flat mate used to buy from it
if you could not find it
please text ma at 0797259776 so I can call her for you

Kadar

Hi Lynette,
Hope you enjoy your stay in Jordan, I was In Melbourne for arround 6 years and love it, It would be nice to see some one from there...... :)
I am currently living in in Amman. Would love to help you with any thing if you wish. when you are coming to Jordan? Do you speak Arabic?

For glutenfree cosmo has a good selection of products, as has Miles. Carrefour has a little, and also Spinney has a good diet section with glutenfree items Which one is the best depends on which brands you prefer, and also it can differ by the week (not all the products are always available). Prices are more or less the same everywhere and is glutenfree in general not cheap, in Jordan it is is even more expensive. I prefer Spinney.

Besides that there is a bakery in sweifiyye Al Sufara who has a large range of glutenfree products (rice bread, corn bread, cookies etc.) but it is a bakery where also normal stuff is prepared, so how about cross contamination, I am not sure (and I don't take the risk)

Glutenfree is  quite unknown in Jordan, although sometimes in restaurants or cafe's "glutenfree" shows up, Amman@cafe has glutenfree pasta (but I don't know if they still have).

Not in every restaurant everybody speaks English very well, so if you also want to go out for dinner make sure you have a diet card explaining what Celiac is, also in Arabic and since restaurants don't have that much experience with glutenfree diet, it also can be useful to tell them what you can eat instead of only mentioning what you can't it.

I wish your friend a good (glutenfree) stay in Jordan.

Welkom Margrieta!

Hartelijk dank, thanks for your great answer.

There is a Gluten Free Bakery called Beat the Wheat in "Mogama Jaber"  Mecca Street
no contamination with Wheat what so ever

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Advertising not allowed as well as sharing of external links. You may recommend this bakery in our Business Directory