Importing some educational toys

I am looking at importing some children development educational toys from overseas to Vietnam. What import duties, taxes, levy  and custom handling and clearance fees  etc....  should i be aware of. Above all, I heard horror stories such as I may have to pay "special fees" for quality check on the product even though the product may have met all possible international standards and quality control  and I may have to pay "expediting fees" to get the product release. I wonder if there's any truth in all these. if so, how can one import anything from overseas when there's so many "layers" in between the end users (customers) and the manufacturer? Any feedback or suggestion on how I can trim down the extra layers.

I'm new here to HCMC but your info quest reminds me of how I had to pay $30. to receive a birthday gift box from my sister that included a cheap model ipod shuffle (about $100?).  30 % tax tariff rate...talk to Terry, he'll know--does business here import/export to from canada, etc.  He's at 0918699833--been here in V. for 23 years!!!!!!!!!1

I always use the Vietnamese-American shipping services.  They are the best when it comes to clearing customs and getting your products to your doors.  You have a large Vietnamese community there, in Australia.  There should be a few of these companies there.  Look them up.

Thanks Duane & Wild_1 for feedback and recommendation.