Leisure time

Hello All!

I moved a month ago to Accra and loving it!

I am just wondering what everyone does after work (i.e. after 6pm) - it seems to me that there is not much to do so i end up going home to read a book (on Ghana of course!)

I'd love to understand if there is any chance to:
-do some volunteering  2-3 times a week after 6pm
-learn Cwi
-learn how to play guitar or the piano (something i always wanted to do but never had the time to)
-surf (i didn't find yet any surfer around or place to buy surfing kit)

Even if the above is not possible, I'd like to know what you get up to!

thanks for sharing!

A

nobody does nothing after work in this beautiful city? :-P

:up:

Dear A,

I've been in exactly the same boat as you. I moved to Ghana beginning of this year and I have been looking for extra curricular activities to do after work.

The only difference is that my job requires me to travel much so I am rarely on the ground.

However, for the few weeks when I am on the ground, I need to fill my downtime with extra activities other than clubbing and work.  I tried out the Hashers but the meeting points can be hard to get to especially with the traffic jams.

I have also always wanted to learn playing a piano or a guitar but I had never got round to doing it.  During one of my evening walks near the American Embassy, I saw an advert for piano classes with the following telephone numbers: [moderated: Please do not post personal numbers in the forum, thank you]

I tried to call the numbers and the person said he would call me back but he never did.  I am currently travelling so I will try them when I get back. In the meantime, you could try them out and check out what they have to offer.

All the best,

E

There are lots of things to do in Accra if you look at the various Accra websites and find people with similar interests.