Men's Hair cut around Phu My Hung

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help/point me in the right direction, looking for a men's hair cut barber anything ! around Phu My Hung that speak English?! need a hair cut BAD ! but having a bit of trouble finding something !

Thanks in advance !

John

Try Monica's. just say you want haircut or they will try sell something else. The girls speak a bit of pidgin English. There are 3 outlets at last count scattered all over.

Fairdinkum16 not sure about the address or directions but it's a small place on the side of the road. It has a mirror hanging on the wall, and a leather chair that looks like it reclines some what. A lot of hair on the floor and a sign out front of the place that says "Hot Toc" or "cắt tóc" can't remember. Don't pay no more that 20,000VND though...

There are plenty of places around D1.  Look for a place with lots of young women.  I get a shave, haircut, shampoo and massage for 200,000.  The barber is usually a man.  Its a wonderful experience.  In the USA for a shave and haircut I was paying $37.

No such comparisons, please! It's because you do not speak the local language that you are ripped. How to compare when $37 here is like one third of a guy's pay for a month?

Sploke, I was not "ripped".  It was quality service.  Granted I could shave myself, but why when it is an enjoyable experience.  The slice cucumbers that were cold made my face feel good.  I could have went to just a barber for 20000.  But I elected to have the haircut, shave, shampoo and massage for 200000.  Sorry if you do not like comparisons with the USA. I live here so I can enjoy what Vietnam has to offer.

Hello Mr John

I think you can easy to find out a place where a men's hair cut barber that can speak English. Stores in Phu My Hung are most for foreigner so they should need to hire can speak English men.
Or if you work around PMH, you can define which is best for you by interacting them. It's good for your experience.

Le Phuc

I think Dist 1 is better. I saw one hair cut shop next to Au Parc in Dist 1 restaurant. The other I used before is Ton That Tiet in Dist. They has good skill for American not for Korean and Japanese

I've seen one or two places in those little rows of shops up the stairs by skygarden 2 (do you know where the Queensland grocery store is? You would go up the stairs right next to that, pass the area overlooking the swimming pool and tennis courts...it's in that area where all those little shops are). One of them looked kinda fancy so I'm pretty sure they will charge more than 20k. I didn't go in and ask if they spoke English but most people who work in shops around here speak some.

At least you're smart and want to find a barber who speaks English rather than doing what I did which is take a female friend who thinks your hair should be shorter than you do to translate. >:(

Hi,

this may be late  for you but the best shop is at Sky Garden Apts. at end of Sky Garden 2 at top of stairs that lead down to swimming pool. They are great  people - speak little English, for just 100,000 includes cut, shampoo, head, facial and upper back massage or you can just get cut for little less.

Mike