What to budget when moving to Perth

Hi there,  I am in the process of considering to relocate to Perth from SA (Jhb) and wanted to know if there is anyone on this blog that might be able to forward an example of a budget and what their experience has been relocating their pets and the cost of relocating them and what appliances/furniture should one consider taking across? any suppliers that anyone would recommend for moving/purchasing appliances and finding a good estate agent for rentals and which suburbs would be good...

Hello,
I cant advise on pets etc but here are some answers to your other questions...
- budget: you can survive on about AUD$500 a week (rent, food, bills, entertainment)
- most accommodation is completely unfurnished although it is possible to rent furnished properties for a higher price
- suburbs: depends on your preferences...nice areas close to the city are mount lawley, subiaco, leederville, claremont...nice areas close to the beach are cottesloe, mosman park, floreat.
I hope this is of some help ;)

You don't have to bring your all appliances when you were planning to relocate to other country or here in Perth... Just simply bring the important things to you...
[Moderated: No free advert]

Well sometimes its cheaper to bring your appliances with you though! depending on how many other possessions you have it can be a much more economical way of doing things. You really need to be more specific in regards to:

a) how many pets and what type of pets they are?
b) how much furniture/appliances are you bringing (sometimes just easier to say you have a 2br 3br 4br house ect.
c) what is important to you as far as the area you want to move to in perth, do you have a family with small children do you want something by the water, good schools ect.

If you can answer some of these questions i could make several recommendations and or help you with what kind of budget you will need.

if you have any questions please feel free to email me
[email protected]

I work for a relocation company.

Regards,

Michael