Spoiled Children & Adults!

Have you noticed that some kids in Saudi Arabia are spoiled? Well they are, right along with many kids all over the world. (Don't get me started on yuppies' kids in Boston; I feel sorry for my cousin who's raising her kids there!)

Anyway, wanted to share this (somewhat related, I hope!) post.

Dear Amy: My teenage son just received a gift check from a relative for his birthday for a very small amount — $25. The aunt who sent the check is a single woman (no kids) and a doctor!

My wife and I tried to explain to our son that some people are simply cheap and there is not much we can do about it.

I decided to ask your opinion to see if I should say something to this aunt, send the check back to her or cash it.

I don't want to sound spoiled, but the children always complain to me, and it's not worth the aggravation! — AG

Dear Ag: You don't sound spoiled — you are spoiled. Not surprisingly, your children are too.

In the future, you should feel free to have your son endorse his birthday check over to me. I'll put this amount to good use, donating it to one of my favorite causes: The Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation, which provides musical instruments to school music programs. They'll happily receive a $25 donation.

Furthermore, I will then thank your son's aunt for her generosity (which may bring on a coronary — she might need to have an ambulance standing by).

Otherwise, I suggest you contact this aunt to tell her that your children are simply not worthy recipients of the time, trouble and money she expends.

freep.com/article/20130528/FEATURES14/305280005/affair-broken-home-sad-dad?odyssey=obinsite

Dear Ag: You don't sound spoiled — you are spoiled. Not surprisingly, your children are too.

Loving it....If it was me answering, I would had added few F and B words :D

Honestly, I feel really sorry for the kids. They are being raised with such a materialistic attitude. The parents are just setting the kids up for disappointment and discontent.

And what's really sad is that I know so many parents who are like this.

That's the way it is in Saudi Arabia, it is part of their culture.

Krysman25 wrote:

That's the way it is in Saudi Arabia, it is part of their culture.

Actually, I was talking about the kids in the article. They are, I believe, from America. :) However, you'll find spoiled kids everywhere; Saudi Arabia & the US are certainly no exceptions!

I misunderstood then :)

:) Expect cultural disasters happen when moms are replaced by nannies/maids.