Salt water fishing in Vietnam

I'm looking for a good place to take my son fishing for a few days. I've searched the internet and found some promising places in Nha Trang but the only positive reviews of place come from the tour operators. Has anyone here done any serious fishing? We are interested in bay and offshore action.

Thanks

hi, I get the impression that youv'e been there for a while , can you help me with details on settling in V N, I'm looking to split my time between Perth and somewhere around Hoian north info regarding residancey rentals work possabilities and such, any help would be much appreciated, Mark

Can be done. However, do not expect anything bigger than 20 cm. There are plenty of standard boot trips available from the harbor (pure tourist stuff). - You can rent all you want/need from there.

Better is, renting a boot private (~1,2 mill vnd +) from about 5/6 am until 3/4 pm. Commonly a soup, 1 l of water p/P is included, as well as rods and bite.

If you are seriously AND here in NT, I am happy to to show you one one of the places I know (starting from the river) NO WC on board. Depending on number of people on the boat, they fill up with quite professional fishers (5-6 people + captain), which are happy to show you some of tricks.

Depending on the day (I am busy or less), I happy to join the trip (not the tourist trips).

not to many place left to catch some decent fish, best to try the islands or danang area , nha trang is also not much left on bigger size fish.

How about Phu Quoc or Con Dao?

Also bigger fish are fun to catch but we are mainly looking to have fun for a few days.

VungTauDon wrote:

How about Phu Quoc or Con Dao?

All the same, overfishing showing the results

phu quoc is not to bad, at least u still can catch some fish there still but personal I gave up with fishing in vietnam. I see with supply of sea food ( i am in the export of seafood) fish are getting smaller and people have to go a lot further away to catch bigger fish

mark stutley wrote:

hi, I get the impression that youv'e been there for a while , can you help me with details on settling in V N, I'm looking to split my time between Perth and somewhere around Hoian north info regarding residancey rentals work possabilities and such, any help would be much appreciated, Mark

Hello Mark -> I suggest you to start a new thread on the Vietnam forum with all your questions. This will allow better interaction. :)

[Sorry guys for the off topic]

Thank you,
Aurélie