Saudi Council of Engineers

I have just been hired by a new company in Jeddah to work as an engineer.
It looks like no one knows the answer to my question...

Do you need the accreditation from the council to get an iqama as an engineer?

I don't have an iqama yet, can I apply to the council of engineers first and then apply for the iqama?

Like I said my company is a new company and it seems that everyone's opinion is different...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes you apply first for the council of engineers using your attested engineering certificate (attested by the Saudi embassy of the country of origin) and when you get accepted and got your membership number, then you apply for your Iqama as an engineer.( my cousin  went through this last month and he is my source of info)

Yes, you need your papers to be authenticated,i think its just this year that certification was required to be labeled as a engineer(or any prof. title) to appear in you iqama, for our company we have 5-10 employees who is mistakenly labeled as ENGINEER and now iqama's are stuck due to the correction.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=209113

Here's a tread bro..

You see ralph-RRD-Dude, it is confusing because on the link you sent me to, it says that you need to provide your iqama number...I don't have an iqama yet...I am told that I need to get the accreditation first in order to get then my iqama...

In the application, they ask for iqama number or borber (border?) number, can the border number be the visa number if you have no iqama????

No the boarder number is a number you will find hand written next to your visa in your passport( usually in Arabic) . The immigration guy who  stamped your visa when you first came into the country he will be the one who wrote it

I would have never knew about the border number.  Thank you very much Ahmadaq and Ralph, you have been very helpful !

jlinsaudi wrote:

You see ralph-RRD-Dude, it is confusing because on the link you sent me to, it says that you need to provide your iqama number...I don't have an iqama yet...I am told that I need to get the accreditation first in order to get then my iqama...

As per our process in our country(quite not sure if the same applies with yours),you should have authenticated your papers/certificates prior to application of VISA; I'm guessing you have been applied a lower job title that didn't require Certificates assuming that you are already in KSA, i believe it will come out be a updated iqama in this case (as i was told),so i guess you will have to wait for your iqama to be release and then you can go on with the process stated in the link.