Bahrain to Jubail

Good afternoon,

My husband has been offered a position in Jubail but really wanted to live in Bahrain.  Is it possible to commute there or is it a bit too far?

Thanks

Commute for sure. A bit far but worth it.  Some men get a studio flat there and stay away 1 or 2 nights. My neighbour does the journey every day

Thanks Jo...... We have been doing so much research on Bahrain and we have just managed to get our heads round moving lock, stock and barrel. 

My other half is currently in Bahrain having an interview and has just text me to say the job was in Jubail.   

This will cheer him up no end as I think he thought it may be too far. 

Thanks again..... Much appreciated :)

If he wants to pop over for a chat while he is here then just PM me. I can answer any questions he has then.

Thanks Jo! Really appreciate that. 

He is interviewing all day today and flying home early doors tomorrow so he won't have time but if he manages to secure the position and agree Bahrain as a base it would be great to meet you when we come over to sort things out.

The journey will be a "minimum" of 90 minutes each way - so about 3 hours commuting everyday. While it is possible to commute, the traffic in Saudi is horrendous - just bear that in mind before making any decisions.

Also ensure he gets a multi entry / exit visa - otherwise he will not be able to work in Saudi and live in Bahrain.

Despite the number of times my partner told to his employer, he found just before he moved here out that for the probation period, he had to be on a single entry visa - which means he cannot leave Saudi Arabia until he finishes his probation.

My husband works in Jubail and we live in Bahrain.

He could in theory do the drive every day - as Brightonguy says its about 90 minutes "but" - certain days of the week are horrendous and if the causeway is busy it can take much much longer.  You must live close to the causeway in Bahrain and it is worth looking into some accommodation options in Saudi just to give him a break from driving - it's a very stressful drive to do every day.

He will need a multi entry exit visa - my husband's company give them out as a matter of course but as brightonguy says its worth checking.

Feel free to pm me and can give you tons of info on Jubail and the travel etc.

The other thing to ensure is that he either gets his car in Bahrain for ease over the causeway (he has to tell them he is taking it to Saudi for insurance purposes - they also have to give him a letter of authority to take the vehicle out of the country)and he has an international driving licence. If he gets his car in Saudi the company sometimes don't issue the correct paperwork to get the car over to Bahrain, so although your hubby will be allowed over, his car won't. He will also need to convert his driving licence to a Saudi one as soon as possible after his Iqama comes through.( I do know drivers though so don't panic about the car) just a lot to consider but it is much better to live in Bahrain

Brilliant responses guys and very very helpful.

He is back tomorrow so will pass all this information on.

Thank you very much...... I'm sure ill be on with something else shortly but it's good to know that you good people are here to help.

:)

No worries. Just let us know through the forum and we will do our best to help.