Gulf driving licence - can I drive rental car

I live in saudi arabia and intend to visit Malaysia soon. Can I drive rental cars in Malaysia on my gulf driving licence.thanks

You can find out from your country in Saudi Arabia with directorate of Traffic, whether your license is an international one. If you do have an International license you have to see if Malaysia is listed as one of the countries. This is what i am assuming. I feel the directorate of Traffic in Saudi will give you the answers you are looking for.

You are better off posting a question like this on the Saudi Arabia forum too.

Hope others can help you out...

Good Luck, :)

J

I dont think it will be valid.. Reason being opposite driving directions. My friend from India was not allowed to drive on his UAE license but his Indian License along with International Driving Permit was allowed..!
Cheers..!

Hmmm, so the only mode of transport left is public transport, MRT, limos, buses etc.  do most of the tourists who come there, use these transports ! thanks for the info friends.

hi
its got nothing to do with left hand or right hand drive
its reciprocal, if i am not mistaken malaysian driving licence is not honored by the saudi government hence saudi driving licence will not be honored by the malaysian government
you have to get an international driving licence, i know it can be obtained in the gulf