Visa question

Hey everyone!
I have a question regarding the visa..i already own a 1 year residence permit which will expire in about a month and a half.
Now i want to go to Tahrir before the end of the month to renew it in case if theres again any trouble there i dont want to pass through it XD
My question is: is all my documents saved there?do i need  to take again all my birth certificates and other stuff? or should i just take few photos and a passport? I just want to be prepared,its not an easy task dealing with those people XD

(also if theres anyone you know who could do it for me and how much it would cost,sent me pm please)

Smart move to do this before the month end!

- Just so you know, the new visa will be stamped from the date they accept your application. (So you 'loose' the days remaining in your old Visa - guess that should not be important)

- The safest bet? Take along all your documents. (Dunno your Visa category and the documents required (All original - bank letter, utility bills, notarized Apartment ownership deed, etc)

[EDITED: I have removed details of the contact person working in Mogamma who may help you - have sent you his details via PM]

Last bit: it will be extremely helpful if you post your experiences here (specifics like type of visa, documents required etc). Will help others who may follow. Thanks

Do it before the end of the month - there is going to be trouble in CAiro around the 30th trying to oust the president - how calm / violent it will be remains to be seen - but try to avoid Tahrir at the end of June.

How did you get The 1 year residence permit?

you can get them - my visas have both been 1 year.

biffy wrote:

you can get them - my visas have both been 1 year.

How? What is required? Is it working or tourism visa?

working
You can't get 1 year tourist visas.

Ok, thanks. I planned go there check out tomorrow. So how long usually the tourism visa will be? 3 or 6 months?

biffy wrote:

working
You can't get 1 year tourist visas.

You got a visa including work permission? I ve heard its almost impossible to get a work permission...

Yes. People say all kind stuff, some say impossible to have a working visa, some say after your 3 months tourism visa you cant extend It, and have to leave. Of course, other people seems get them without problem. I think we should really go there and check it by ourselves.

As far as I know a work permission could be obtained by the employer only and you got to pay about 2000 LE.
For the residence visa - one year should be easy to get if you are not a russian citizen - or from former soviet republic...

how to get just a residence visa?

surely you have to have property / work to get a rsidency visa - or be married to an Egyptian.

Tourist visas can be extended - but it sems to be on the whim of the officer on duty that day.

Thanks, I just hope they work hard tomorrow. So for tourist visa, how long is it normally?
By the way, you seems know everything in Egypt, stay here already long time, huh?

Visited over long time - married to an EGyptian loooooong time (LOL) - living and working here quite a while.

Ok, then you are A Real Expat.
I hope marry an Egyptian too. No, actually I wish marry a woman in every country I have been+ will be , and have many kids. Some of them will be like Einstein, some will be Mozart, or Steve Jobs and etcetera. They will be leaders in different profession in different country. So I will be the King of the world! HaHaHaHaHa!!... It's a joke.

Thanks for reply :)
Who:
it was not very hard.The hardest part was to go from one place to another,where people cant or speak very little English and get papers i had no idea i would need XD
I cant remember names for all the documents that i was required,but there was a lot of papers which took me a week to collect XD and about a month to get my visa.
to name few,there was many copies of my father,mine and my mother birth certificates,copies of passport,copies of marriage contract,copies of residency,about 6 passport sized photos and many more papers which was written fully in arabic and i cant remember what it was XD A friend of mine helped me to collect them in a weird place behind nile and another place was somewhere between Heliopolis and Tahrir.The experience was horrible XD in Mogamma i was running from one window to another ,the lady who sits behind the glass window drinking coffee(it was always full,like she keep refilling it every 10 min))) and chat with her friend was sending me every single time downstairs to get her copy of something...She actually made me mad XD Every time i submitted my papers to her,she always said you need one more copy of this or that,like she couldn't tell me all at once.Now the nightmare will begin all over again..this time i will prepare and make 5 copies of every single document and i hope i get it renewed before the end of this month :)

She wants money, that's all.