Engineering salaries in Porto

Hello Everybody!
I am a design engineer and I am considering moving to Porto. I found an interesting offer from an engineering company. I have 3 years of experience as a design engineer.

Does anyone know what is an average salary for a mechanical design engineer with 3 years of experience in Portugal/Porto? Is 1400 euro/month netto a fair salary?

I have a wife and a small kid. Do you think it would be enough in Porto?

Thanks,
Robert

hello,

for 03 person might be not enought.
If only the company could help regarding the lodging.
Unexpected expenses from having a child or else might turn your stay a bit hard.

Thank you! In such a case I will try to negotiate a bit more and then I will see.

no problem.
Besides rent, food, clothing, electricity, TV cable service, cell phone, transportation, TAXES :( etc.
Try to point these aspect but dont ask too much either, specially if you believe you are in front on a scenarion where evolution within the organization.

If you want to live in the center of Porto , yeah , for a family of 3 you might have a few problems , but if you want to live somewhere outside the center of Porto I think it should be fine here is a little breakdown for somewhere outside Porto:
2 bedroom apartment: 250-450e/month
shopping(including food): 400-700e/month
water+gas+electricity: 150-250e/month
transports(metro): 20-50e/month
fuel: 60e/month
school: 200-1000e/month
miscellaneous: 100e/month
So I presume you will go by metro to work since sometimes it is really hard to find parking in Porto and I presume you will only make about 100-150km/week with the car.
For 450e you can find a 2 bedroom apartment close to the center.
I recommend you do not come here with just 1400e/month for a family of 2,5 ... For a normal Portuguese it would be good 1400 for a family of 2.5 as long as it was not in the center , but for  you I wouldn't really recommend it.
Also expect to expend about 1000e/month if you want your kid to go to an international school