Potential visit to Belize & questions

Hello there!

I have been to Belize in the past as part of a group and would like to visit the country again in the near future for about an extended stay and had some general questions

1) I will be travelling alone - Does this pose a major safety risk in the different cities of Belize? Any tips?

2) Is late November - Mid Dec a good time to visit? I don't want to go during peak rain season, but I'd like to avoid any major major summer heat

3) What city should I make my "home base?" I've stayed in a few places across the country in my last trip, but could use some advice in this regard. I cannot drive so I'd want to be somewhere where I could easily get around. Is there any type of public transport?

Any other advice would be happily accepted!

If you come to Corozal for a few days, we have an extra bedroom.  I do not know if we will have our furniture from the USA, but we do have a blow-up bed.  I would suggest that transportation would be the most problematic here.

I think Corozal is the one area I haven't been in yet : )Thanks for the offer! Did you move down permanently?

I would like to visit a few cities, maybe a week at a time. I figure once I get in most places I would be able to get around on foot okay, but getting from city to city is where I might run into problems.

I have fond memories of Punta Gorda, so I know I'd want to be there for a bit as well!

I think you would find it easy to travel by bus from city to city once you arrive.

If not its also easy to hire a driver

Late November to mid December is a nice time to visit. The dry season heat will not have hit and things will still be green (at least where we have visited). The evenings will be cool by Belize standards which is nice for people used to Canada.

Bus travel is super cheap here.

Hello,

Are you living in Belize?
I'm trying to find the right spot. Near the ocean, security, need a good english school close by. Probably renting for now.
Any idea??

Thank you
Karine

Hello Karine -> You should start a new thread on the Belize forum with your questions for more interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie