Moving to turkey advice needed

Hey all

I'm Hannah I live in England but travel to turkey alot. I stayed in karsiyaka in September and I am hoping to come back there this winter to do a turkish course so that I can move there next year to teach. Do you have an advise about moving there? And are there many English speakers as I am nervous to move when I only know turkish people.

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Hannah x

Hello Hannah.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hey great place to stay,dont hesitate to stay there i stayed a while you can shortly say KSK Karşıyaka ok,you will find warm people there is english education from schools you dont have difficulty speaking Turkish and english when you learn Turkish dont fear :) i also thinking of living there we can talk and share ok

Hi :) I will be living in Izmir in 2 days :)

So ill let you know how the move goes, however I have already been in Turkey a year, its great I'm really enjoying it!

Jen

P.S im also from England :)

Dear Hannah, Izmir is nice place to stay in Turkey, in my opinion i can say its the best place in Turkey. so much peace and nice people. But there are not many English speakers, (i can say 1 in a group of 20 people) but that should not disappoint you. People are very kind and helpful, I came here not knowing turkish language but i moved around with no fear, i am also learning turkish now. welcome to Izmir.
Hope to hear from you in Izmir, Kind regards, :)
Fredy

Hi all! I'm back in karsiyaka next week for a week as I will be working in antalya in summer then moving to karsiyaka after the season has finished. Can't wait to be back there! Lovely place great people. So if any expats or new expats want to meet for a drink let me know :) x

Hello Hannah my name is Derya.I have been living in karşıyaka for 30 years.If you have questions about karşıyaka and izmir.just let me know.I can help..see you take care...