Dating I HCMC

Ok, white men that are in need of botox then :)

The solution Annie, Western Men should go for Vietnamese women that are older then them lol

Are you speaking from experience.

Lol. Older women are taken by black gigolos already man :)

Yes, as long as they are the larger size girls.

To find a good girl is to invest in a bad girl. ;)

Heya everybody !

I was reading that topic and the reactions of the different people here ... and I was wondering ...

What if ... a Western GIRL date a VN BOY. Would the Vietnamese boy will have pressure from his family to get married ?

I just ask because I am curious about that, that's it ^^ Coz we don't see that often a western girl with a Vn guy, right ?

Note : I don't want to read replies such as "Why would a caucasian girl date a Asian guy ?"
I have being dating a Singaporean Chinese for 2 years so don't insult him, thank !

Nah, he wouldnt be pressured by his family unless he's over 30 yo.
Normally viet family would prefer their sons to marry a viet girl, because the girls understand the culture and can put up with all the judging from the mother in law. It's just my opinion, things are different in most cases.

AnnieDuong wrote:

You have an answer for everything lol

Women always do :)

AnnieDuong wrote:

Women always do :)

Annie you are so right, least in my experience.  Now the question everyone is afraid to ask, is there a market for old white gigolos?  What are the basic requirements?  How old do you need to be?  Does it have a good dental plan?

Reading all the horrible stories in this post just reaffirms I'm lucky to have found the perfect girl to marry and be with the rest of my life.

She's neither young (mid-30s) nor a gold digger. Makes about 5 mil but still fights for the tab and won't quit her job despite my insistent to make up for her lost wages. My 1 day of work is equivalent to 2 months of her work salary.

We talk for hours on the phone everyday. I can make politically incorrect statements and she won't take it as offensive.

I've even offered to put her up in one of those villas in district 2 with 24/7 a/c and got a scolding. Besides I think living in a 1 bedroom house big enough for only a bed and no drawers and no a/c isn't so bad afterall if it's with the girl you truely love and she truely loves you.

Well once you arrive and spend more time with her you will know, long distance affairs are a hard thing.

sghsaigon wrote:
AnnieDuong wrote:

Girls from the North usually do.

colinoscapee wrote:

Well once you arrive and spend more time with her you will know, long distance affairs are a hard thing.

yes, I know what you mean. You hear about it all the time and I've even known some people that have had it happened to. The girl is all nice, everyone seems to be getting along with family members and friends than bam tomorrow she's no where to be found and at a lost for word why she left when there was no signs of any problems.

I'm always skeptical but knowing her family, her uncle who I've known for over 10 years working for a foreign oil company and introducing her to me, I just hope she's all that she is.

I've tried my best to screen her out in my short 10 days in Vietnam. Getting to know her family. What her daily life is like. Who she surrounds herself with. Her downtime. Her spending habits and manners. Her aspirations and goals in life. You can't ask these things directly just have to observe them discretely.

If there's any other tips for screening girls I'd like to hear them and possibly use them too.

Well best of luck to you.

I share this not to brag but to re-affirm some hard truths. My spouse is a prime example. She is well-educated, with independent thoughts and well brought up. Although there is an age gap, I had experienced her real emotions. We went through hard times together and she never had a negative thought. On the occasion owing my poor decision, I fell into heavy debt. She even borrowed from her family members to tide me over and kept me in positive spirits. I was really touched by her encouraging words continuosly. I recalled that it was at least after 6 months of hard persistent persuasion before she accepted my first 'date'. But once she was convinced of my true intentions, it was smooth sailing and at least after another year of relationship, before the marriage. That, to my mind, is a 'good' Vietnamese girl and one to truly treasure.

In the two years I have been with my girlfriend we have had one argument, and that was over her family bleeding off her. We have a great relationship due to the fact she is not jealous, or as jealous as most VN girls. I enjoy my girlfriends company, as she is very funny, has great morals and cares about people around her.She has agreat job, although its very stressful. The thing I love about her the most, she never talks about money as its her main objective in life. She always asks me why I dont go with a young beautiful girl, I always reply with the same answer,its your personality and sense of humour that attracts me, not your looks.

colinoscapee wrote:
sghsaigon wrote:
AnnieDuong wrote:

Girls from the North usually do.

Haha, that's not true. If you are bothered to read the news (well, if you can read vietnamese), the black gigolo market is only in Ho Chi Minh city, not in Hanoi or anywhere in the north of Vietnam.

The expat community in the north is rather small, in another way, more selective. Here, it's a mixed with all types of expats, mostly English teachers...

I think Jinxedta, you cannot find the girl you want if you keep looking on those dating sites. Well, miracles could happen, but I tell you, 'good' Vietnamese girls never go to those kinds of sites. Like many others said, it depends on where you meet 'your girl', and those sites never seem to be a good idea. Think about it carefully again dude :)

It does depend on your beliefs. But the day and time and the place that you will meet your soulmate is not really within one's control. If it happens, it happens. Sometimes, even at odd places and you meet someone and later, the chemistry becomes real. Forcin will never lead to a good ending. Somewhere out there, exist many GOOD VN girls. But of course, you also got to do your bit. If you shut yourself up in your bedroom, then do not expect any girl to suddenly show up into your path, common sense, right?

That one scares me and I know it's common in Vietnam. She never gives money to her parents or family if ever they ask. Doesn't seem that communicative or gives an impression of being close knit with her parents. Though I'm more afraid of my family side that I hardly know trying to bleed off me. I told her that if any of my family members ask me for money I'll tell them she handles the money so ask her. She's good at saying no lol.

But what is it with Vietnamese girls being jealous. If I don't text her for half a day she thinks I'm out with some other girl. Must be a self-esteem issue. She's always saying she's the ugliest girl in Vietnam. I truely think she's the most beautiful appearance wise and non-appearance wise. Ugly is being hateful and she's none of that.

colinoscapee wrote:

In the two years I have been with my girlfriend we have had one argument, and that was over her family bleeding off her. We have a great relationship due to the fact she is not jealous, or as jealous as most VN girls. I enjoy my girlfriends company, as she is very funny, has great morals and cares about people around her.She has agreat job, although its very stressful. The thing I love about her the most, she never talks about money as its her main objective in life. She always asks me why I dont go with a young beautiful girl, I always reply with the same answer,its your personality and sense of humour that attracts me, not your looks.

Well all I can say Khanh is you have only known her for a very,very short time. I wouldnt be thinking too far ahead if I were you. Come and live here and see exactly what she is like. The girl next door to me is married to a Canandian guy, he comes here once every 4 months. When he is here she is the lovely little housewife, never goes out, dresses conseratively.As soon as he leaves, out come the mini skirts and she goes out at all hours of the night. So dont be in too much of a hurry till you know exactly who you are dealing with.

colinoscapee wrote:

The girl next door to me is married to a Canandian guy, he comes here once every 4 months. When he is here she is the lovely little housewife, never goes out, dresses conseratively.As soon as he leaves, out come the mini skirts and she goes out at all hours of the night.

I have a young, very attractive Vietnamese lady living next door to me who's married to a Vietkieu. When he's at home, I see her around our building a lot. But he frequently goes out of town for work, and will stay gone for months at a time. During those times, I never see her, but think nothing of it. (Maybe she's going to stay with her family nearby...) Then one day I get in the car to go to work, and my driver tells me that he and all the other drivers, along with the building security staff who congregate outside my building every morning are talking about the girl who's stepping out on her husband while he's away. I later find out they're talking about my neighbor. Of course, it's gossip (and "man-gossip" at that), but where there's smoke, there's usually fire...

Ok, so here goes Saigonmonkey and his wild fires...  :lol:

Yes very true Saigon. My neighbours mother actually comes and stays in the house and takes care of her son when she' not there, so she cant be at her mothers. I think what really brought her down was when she came home very late one night with a different man, maybe it was her brother,lol. I still give her the benefit of the doubt, as they do have a tendency to move around a hell of a lot and have some strange sleeping habits.

Wild_1 wrote:

Oh, I see... come on Expat.com and take shots at me, but won't reply to my messages offline...:dumbom:

saigonmonkey wrote:
Wild_1 wrote:

Oh, I see... come on Expat.com and take shots at me, but won't reply to my messages offline...:dumbom:

saigonmonkey Howie forgot were the PM inbox is... again

Budman already told me:  you guys painted Can Tho red, while I was gone.  :dumbom:

Hello Jinxedta,

I think advices from Mr. VungtauDon are very useful& interesting. Have you applied yet?

In my opinion, the suitable  places for finding a good girl are the places don't show up "hey..this is a dating place..here you can easily meet your expected girls/men.."

Some more suggestions: offline English clubs for students (you can google it), social volunteer/charity events (google some NGO's website & its upcoming activities), etc.
Most of these girls are educated, dynamic, having big hearts. At least you can have good friends there, who know, you can get some good referrals from them, & at the same time, have fun in doing meaningful things.

It requires more effort to find a good girl & turn it into a relationship :)

what?" one of poorest countries"? excuse me. Don't think foreigners are ATM. Many foreigners here are so cheap and poor than us. Some foreigners that I saw can't even step into restaurants that we been there many times, only because the price is so expensive for them.
Not all is good and not all is bad.
So don't think Vietnamese so cheap like that.
Good luck!!!

nguyen.tien wrote:

what?" one of poorest countries"? excuse me. Don't think foreigners are ATM. Many foreigners here are so cheap and poor than us. Some foreigners that I saw can't even step into restaurants that we been there many times, only because the price is so expensive for them.
Good luck!!!

Are you speaking from experience or from what you heard from one of your misinformed friends. Could you please tell us this restaurant you go to many times that expats wont go into.

Its like the quote I heard, "foreigners dont love their kids as much as Vietnamese" where does all this crap come from,bored housewives with nothing to do in their hems.

colinoscapee wrote:

Its like the quote I heard, "foreigners dont love their kids as much as Vietnamese" where does all this crap come from,bored housewives with nothing to do in their hems.

Wow, whoever said that must be insane :). I wish my parents loved me the foreigners' way and let me live my life how i'd like to :p.

I knew some expats that bargained over a 40k beer but it's not a big deal, make your money worthwhile :p

I think you will find the backpackers have a tendency to travel very cheap, but thats about all.

colinoscapee wrote:

I think you will find the backpackers have a tendency to travel very cheap, but thats about all.

They save all their soap and shampoo money to buy beer :D

Ohh...i kid the backpackers

nguyen.tien wrote:

Good luck!!!

Em oi! you speak proudly (or with arrogance?) about 'rich' Vietnamese. What do you mean by 'us'. I can say clearly that this 'us' is very small minority. And yes, they can eat in high priced restaurants and sleep in luxurious hotels. Do you know how? If you don't know just ask to your elders, how they get that money. Nobody is perfect, agreed, but majority of people whether it is Vietnamese or foreigners behold their true pride and work hard to make some saving for future. That kind of people hesitate to go to the above mentioned restaurants. Their happiness is cook good food and eat with their family! People like you should learn more before jump into conclusions. If you still don't know just follow me. I will show you 'rich' Vietnamese girls (beautiful too) waiting outside almost every apartments and main streets! Yes, they can spend money lavishly!

Thats very true. I find the real rich people tend to keep it low key. Those who earn "easy money" like to show off with meaningless stuff.
I agree that Vietnam is still one of the poor countries, well, developing countries however you wanna put it. As long as you work hard and spend your hard earn money wisely, why bother? When Vietnam is like the second Singapore, we can probably speak more proudly about our country :)

haha... It's so funny but thanks. i didn't try to write this to you. Just the one say that "one of poorest countries". Because what you asked is right.
Second, I didn't make money in my body. So don't compare something like that. I have been in many countries and many places, worked for Vietnamese and also Foreign companies and charity organizations too. So I know what the value of money is.
And I saw many arrogance American/European/Asian said bad things about my country too.
Only one thing I want to correct with you or others that my country is not poorest and not all the woman is cheap. If you want real relationship, don't expect it from anywhere like bars, website or clubs... It comes from THERE... in your heart.
That's all.
Once again, I am sorry if I made you or anybody feel like I am arrogance and so BAD girl. Basically, I am very funny and easy going and funny and cute as people said. So accept my apology... Hehehehe

Nguyen, you still havnt told us the restaurant you went to many times that we expats wont go into, or was it just a total fabrication

GDP per capita

Vietnam is not only one of the poorest country in the world but also in Asia too. If you remove all those African countries Vietnam would be near the bottom. If you factor in the average annual wage of $2220 I'm sure that would be considered poor by international standard.