Purchasing property in Bulgaria

Hi, I'm Pete and this is my first message!!! :D

Myself and a friend are looking to purchace some property in Bulgaria initialy as an investment/business venture/holiday home but we are not sure the best areas to consider and were hoping some of you loverly people could advise us?

We will be going over there this year to explore the options and areas but wanted to have a general idea of where to look before we go (for obvious reasons).

The initial idea was to focus on the ski resorts but we would only be able to make money on this during the short(ish) ski season. So, with that in mind, we are now thinking about looking nearer the coast but also near areas that have activities and interests during both summer and spring.

Our criteria is the standard... Fairly cheap, nice area, lots to do etc etc.

Any help or advice on general areas would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Pete,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your post has been moved to the Bulgaria forum as the initial discussion was quite old. ;)

Thank you for your comprehension, and you will soon receive advises from the members on the forum.

Thank you,
Pravin.

Hi Pete,

there are quite a few options for what you need in Bulgaria.

In short:
1) Ski holiday homes - Bansko is the ultimate price/quality vacation home here. It is getting more and more popular in the summer as well and with the growing number of apartments being sold, you can land on a sweet deal very easy. Keep in mind that the prices for renting are not very high and from working with clients that are providing apartments for rent, you won't get a very big profit
2) sea holidays - the ultimate party place is sunny beach and it is crowded in the summer months, but totally dead in the winter. Still apartments are cheap there(but same is the quality).
3) Historical and cultural tourism - the best places are Plovdiv and Veliko Tyrnovo in my opinion. In Plovdiv, you better get a city appartment as it is always a great place to be there and in Veliko Tyrnovo you can get a house in the countryside very cheap and close to Tyrnovo, but keep in mind that most houses need renovation.
4) Pure investment opportunity - get an apartment/office in some of the big cities - Sofia(highest rent, but also prices on the property), Plovdiv, Varna and rent it long term

I'll be happy to help you with anything else you may need or any questions you have!

Best Regards,
Ventsislav Tomev

Hello from me
I sell house in Koprivshtitsa This is a wonderful town with stunning scenery and breath I think of you buying a house in our town would be a very good investment after minor repairs can make it a great holiday home all year round for families or individual visits
If you are interested in -         [email protected]
Milena

Not so scared people
Abroad is no different from Bulgaria everywhere should be careful
I do not want people who read here the impression that in Bulgaria are all scammers

Calm down guys.

The topic is on "Purchasing property in Bulgaria".

Thank you. :)

prixters wrote:

Hotel Rai

You upset me with your comment ...I did not and would  not ever say Bulgaria is full of Scammer ...  Bulgaria is the best place on earth to us ... We have loads of friends here and only a hand ful are Brits... We are giving our time and resources freely  working with the locals and mayors in two villages to rebuild our area - we have started clubs for the kids and English lessons too ...  perhaps Hotel Rai you should re read  what I wrote ..about this wonderful country .. I come from the UK so I know about scammers are!!!

Excuse me if I have not misunderstood

regards