Isa Town - Driving License Application

Hi All,

I am going to apply for a DL. Could anyone please advice me on the following:

1. What are their working days/hours?

2. How much time I may have to spend at their office?

3. I wear glasses/contact lenses; my CPR pic is with contact lenses; so I need to take a new pic "with glasses" to them for the application? Is that correct? (Excuse my ignorance here)

4. Do I have to take any letter from my employer? (Designation: Senior XXX Analyst, Nationality: Indian)

Thanks,
Sushil

Hi Sushil,

I suggest you to go through some topic on the Bahrain Forum, Cars and Transportation section, you might be able to find some useful hints. :)

Thank you,

David.

Thanks David, I will read the section.

Hello mate,

1. What are the working days/hours of the Isa Town office?
They work between 8 and 4 as far as I am aware. During Ramadan, the times will be limited.

2. How much time I may have to spend at their office?
For what purpose? I am not clear for why you want to go there. To register for a Driving License is about an hour. You will then be given a date for theory lessons which will be for about another hour. You will then need to find an instructor for another 22 hour lesson.

3. I wear glasses/contact lenses; my CPR pic is with contact lenses; so I need to take a new pic "with glasses" to them for the application? Is that correct? (Excuse my ignorance here)
This is not something that I am aware of as I don't wear glasses nor contact lenses. However  I don't see why you would need a new photo. If you already have some with you, just use them.

4. Do I have to take any letter from my employer? (Designation: Senior XXX Analyst, Nationality: Indian)
Yea you do need to take a letter from your work. I think it's called no objection letter but I am not sure. Ask your HR department. They will be fully aware  of what's required from their side when it comes to their employees getting a driving license.

Thanks,

You're welcome.

Thanks