Not so late intro

British expat living in Mauritius for a year now. Previously was expat in France. Both parents are Mauritians and I decided to up stick and move here when they retired two years ago and settle back here.

Worked as a business analyst in UK and France. Currently living in Floreal. Still getting used to things here so any tips most welcomed.

Looking forward to connect with fellow expats, have a drink, share good times together and help each other!:)

Shyam

Welcome aboard Shyam !

Thanks Jules!
Oh wow that was a warm welcome from the rest :rolleyes:

hey Shyam!
you are most welcome to join up with us on a sunday afternoon - anytime from around 5pm at our place, Santosha Refuge, in Tamarin - we have live music in our garden every sunday evening - it is a bring your own - so bring your drinks and something to eat and join us!

purplepixie wrote:

hey Shyam!
you are most welcome to join up with us on a sunday afternoon - anytime from around 5pm at our place, Santosha Refuge, in Tamarin - we have live music in our garden every sunday evening - it is a bring your own - so bring your drinks and something to eat and join us!

Hey pixie! Thanks for the offer. Will sure swing by one of these weekends along with another expat or two. The more the merrier!

Was at tamarin yesterday. How do you guys manage with the temperature there? AC 24/7? Also was looking for surfing spots but I'm either blind or it's a well guarded secret cause I simply could not find where the spots are.

As for live music...can I sing? Guaranteed to scare all the birds off the island the moment they hear my voice over the mic :o

Hi Everyone, Just found this site recently and so happy to be in touch with fellow South Africans. I have been living in Mauritius for the last 6 years, Got married to a Mauritian.

Hi everyone

Hello Zeennat -> Could you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie