Thinking of moving

Hi can anyone help me, me and my family would love to move to sharm we have been there 5 time and love it , we have two kids age 12, 6 , and thay are the only reason we are not there already can anyone tell me about schools there and how good thay are.xx thanks

Local schools - free - none at all - don't even think about them the standard is very very poor (and they are taught in arabic).

International schools in general are expensive (think 4 - 8,000 sterling as an average.
As for schools in Sharm I can't comment but from I have read on the forums - there just any of a good quality - but I wait to be corrected.

Sharm british school
reg. fee 700 Sterling for 2 children

fees per year - 7,400 sterling

There is another St Josephs - but no fees published.

Can't vouch for the qaulity I am afraid you need someone in sharm to do that!

Also you need to remember that in order to put your children in school here you have to have a full residency visa - not just an extended tourist visa.

HI i have been to Sharm 7 times and thought about buying there, but decided to buy in Hurghada. IT SEEMS to be more real and a lot of ex pats,live there maybe worth looking at with a family. ALL THE BEST.

Hello i am hanna nice to meet you. I am moving to egypt in august. SHARM, i have alot of friends in egypt British and Egyptian. Happy to help add me on skype hannah.waring2

judojohn wrote:

HI i have been to Sharm 7 times and thought about buying there, but decided to buy in Hurghada. IT SEEMS to be more real and a lot of ex pats,live there maybe worth looking at with a family. ALL THE BEST.

and property is freehold in hurghada you own the land but its not in sharm

Hi to you both....nooooooo, schools are dreadful and international ( American ) supposed to be ) schools are awful.   and I know what I am talking about cos i am teacher.  Example....g2 ONE new letter from alphabet per week!!!   your age group...your kids will be so far advanced and will suffer badly with the system here.   secondary system in uk far superior to that here.  Kids of 12 yrs cannot spell and geography is a closed book.  Science is appalling and systenmm means that your two would be held back and become so frustrated.   I have seen this happen so many times and education is what you pay dearly for.  also health care is outrageously expensive.......you pay for consultation, then medication, then follow up , then more meds etc etc.   See all other answers to others wishing to come here.   We who live here are extremely concerned about everything, so please be careful.   Foreigners are actively discouraged from taking jobs, and without money, you don,t eat.!!!  basic cost of living is increasing by about 20 percent DAILY.
My family and I are seriously considering returning to uk but even then it is a great struggle, cos uk doesn,t make it easy for Muslims, especially Arab Muslims to get in to country , and I am brit married to Arab for many years.  So think twice and then again, before you give up your life there.
you can always rent for 6 months here and place kids in school, but keep your home in uk.
regards
Fatma

Hi, just so you know,,,,British school in Sharm has closed and St. Joseph's is expensive 2000le per term.
regards
Fatma

You cannot buy in Sharm, you can only lease unless you area an Egyptian national.

Hey, if you buy in Hurghada, it might be freehold, but it does not mean you automatically own the land. This has to be specified in the contract, or the contractor will still own the land. You will own the flat only.

judojohn wrote:

If you want to register your kids in a school in Egypt, state or private school, you will need a full residence permit. You can't do it on a tourist visa.

fatma0206 wrote:

So think twice and then again, before you give up your life there.
you can always rent for 6 months here and place kids in school, but keep your home in uk.
regards
Fatma

Sorry to have to correct you, but schools in Sharm DO accept kids withouit resident visa.   This is how they make money...parents pay for whole year then no refund when the kids leave.

According to Egyptian law one should be resident.