Visit visa to Muscat for my parents

Hi Sumitran,

I am new to this forum and would like to discuss regarding visit visa to Muscat for my parents (Indian passport holders). I have been reading all your post since this morning and they are very informative.
My understanding is that parents visit visa can be applied by my sponsor and the visa is valid for 3 months once they enter in Oman and can be further extended by 1 month. My question is that after finishing (3 + 1) months can they do a visa run to say India while a fresh visit visa is being prepared by my sponsor or there must be some time lapse between the two visits?
Your response and advise will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Avinash

Hi Avinash,

Actually, there is no need for them to necessarily return after their 3 + 1 month's stay in Muscat.

Before their Visa extension comes to an end, you can apply (through your company of course) for a 'Family Dependant' visa for them (once their Medicals, etc are completed).

Then they get a Resident Card just like any other expatriate, with which they can stay continuously. And just like any other expatriate, they have to get their Resident Card renewed once every 2 years, as long as you are employed.

If they carry their own Resident Cards, then they can exit and enter Oman any number of times, as their passports would be stamped with a 2-year multiple entry Dependent Visa.

Best wishes !

Thanks for your reply sir. I am under the impression that Family Dependent visa is only applicable for spouses and children's under the age of 18?

Regards,

Avinash

Parents are included as well. But in-laws are excluded.

Check with your company's PRO for your organization's policies on this matter and other specific details.

It was actually the in laws who are suppose to stay with us for around 1 year. My wife dependent visa under the sponsorship of my employer. Is it not possible that my employer can apply for my in laws visa on my wife's behalf? In this way it means that the visa is for her parents.
Second route, if this is too complicated then probably (3+1) months visit visa and then do a visa run to return back once the fresh visit visa is ready but the only concern will be that if any time gap is required between the 2 visits which I don't know of.

Regards,

Avinash

The second route seems more likely. The best person to advise and guide you on this matter can only be your company's PRO, as he would know what your organization's stance on this matter is, as well as what the Ministry's latest take on the issue is. The authorities keep changing and amending the rules and requirements from time to time. So do consult with your PRO for the latest updates.

Hello Avinash.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

To note that a new thread has been created from your message on the Muscat forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie