New friends

I'm looking to meet some nice girl friends I'm 52 and have just split up from my Mauritian man and its all booked up to visit oct to jan and I'm just wondering if I can do it on my own ,it would be nice if I had a friend to meet me when I arrive just so I can feel ok .......I'm staying  on the mountain between Victoria and beau vallon

Wa

Hi, Just read your post. I think you're brave to move alone. I live in PA. I want to leave USA and retire to Seychelles...but unlike you, I am afraid. Please let me know how your journey goes. Best of luck to you.

Everyone tells me just go and you will be ok everyone is friendly in Seychelles.

Do you know anything about the cost of living? I keep getting mixed reviews. I am retired on a pension. Won't collect ss for 3 years. Is $2500. per month enough for one person? Are you an American?

I'm from uk and yes if your not crazy for wine and live on fish ect  you can do it no problem are you a female or male ?

Seychelles is a nice place to live if you want chill

I love seafood! No wine at all?!! I am female...and need to chill.

You will love Seychelles  and if you come please contact me as I will be all for 3 months  iin October and I might try to stay longer if I'm aloud .

brownsand wrote:

No wine at all?!!

There's a shop in town that sells wine only, it's their specialty...:top:

This lady said she doesn't drink wine at all so she won't need that shop !!! I might need it !!!

The only problem ill be in Le niol area on top of the mountain I think my place is the highest point .

That's good to know. How about rum? Sometimes, I like to chill with Strawberry dac, or a whiskey sour. I wonder if I can get the dacquri mix over there?

Alcohol isn't cheap in Seychelles you may get it but have to pay for it !

Ok no probs see you in Seychelles for a glass of wine on my nice terrace high on the mountain with an amazing view of beau vallon

Patrickvalmont wrote:
brownsand wrote:

No wine at all?!!

There's a shop in town that sells wine only, it's their specialty...:top:

Thank you Patrick!

anntropez wrote:

Ok no probs see you in Seychelles for a glass of wine on my nice terrace high on the mountain with an amazing view of beau vallon

Sounds good!

Hi girls!

Sez is safe if you are not stupid.

Wine is everywhere available and a bit expensive but we found a lovely french wine as our house wine at 113 Sez rupees (9.50 american dollars) and it is in most supermarkets available.
Funny thing is Pinot Noir cost 113 rupees and Sauvignon Blanc cost 113 rupees too. There are three wine shops I know off. The best rum is the local Takamaka rum and is not as expensive as the wines. It goes very well with the local ginger ale.

People are friendly but not overly hospitable.

Seychelles is reasonably safe. Few drug related incidents have marred the paradise image of Seychelles this past year. Unfortunately there are a few heroin addicts who would do anything to score.

So...don't walk alone in solitary places after dark. The beaches are not safe at night. Phones and handbags are often snatched on the beach...especially Beau Vallon (we have figured out a safe way around this but I will rather inbox you our secret)
In short: don't be stupid.

It rains a lot in December and January....bring a rainjacket or be prepared to buy an umbrella.
It is best to rent a car and I have some connections for you. Car hire can be very expensive if you are unaware and should not be more than 35 euros a day. The local bus service is entertaining...like a rollercoaster kind of ride but costs only 5 rupees any where.It is reliable too.
You cannot really walk to the shops. The roads are very narrow and you will see when you get here what I mean.
Taxi's are everywhere but also very expensive. From the airport to the center of town should cost around 250 rupees but tourists are charged up to 500 rupees.

You are most welcome to contact me. I have been here for two years and I love it here. Not going anywhere fast.....

Hi,

Sorry I'm only seeing this now.  I am living in Victoria, Eden Island, arrived in December, 2012, I'm Irish and was living in Jamaica before we came to Mahe ... would be happy to meet up with you!  Let me know.

Chris (tina) :-)

good morning Just to clarify somethings are you already in Seychelles or not?? If you are therefore i can give you my mobile No you can call me on [moderated: pls use pm] I live at Aux cap I had also divorced living only with my daughter It will be nice to know you and maybe you can be staying at my house too.

Plse let me know
thks
Philomena Pillay

Wow another nice message .

I'm not in Seychelles until Wednesday the 9 oct at 12.55 but I'm there for 3 months or more if I like it there on my own .......my son will come for the month of december and will stay on the mountain between Victoria and beau vallon I will have an amazing view but a very steep climb but I think I will love it Le miol area .

I would love to meet you and your daughter I will take your no and ring you when I get a cell no .

I don't think your a new member I've been intouch with you before about renting

hi just wanted to ask is this your real picture on this site!!!! you was looking for house rent but how about your house in Bean Vallon.
Anyway keep i touch with me and what is your name on facebook

Take care
Philomena Pillay

Yes Its the real ann davidson from newcastlle uk ive never changed my picture since I joined I'm a straight person I'm not looking to rent any where I've got my place for 3 months thanks ...

Hello Ann,

I am from England and living in the Seychelles, not far from Beau Vallon. If you need any help just let me know :)

Oh yes ill message  you for sure because it will be nice to have some friends when I arrive ..........I've just joined a group in uk called meet ups northern lasses and its  a fantastic way off meeting new girls

:) have fun on the seychelles.

I'm no longer coming alone I've found my new soulmate he is coming with me  and hopefully he can play his music  he is an amazing george benson guitarist .

That's great Ann, but we can still meet up? :cool:

Yeah for sure it's been a while since we spoke chris xxx my man is a jazz guitarist amazing www.johnafowler.com.

We will join you for dinner and come to eden to do fitness if u can add us as your guest 3 times a week

That would be good Ann, on condition that John brings his guitar!! x I will e-mail you :)