New in the city... :)

Hello!!!! My name is Laura and I just arrived to Saigon 2 weeks ago.
I don't know many people here, and I don't have a job yet.

I am a professional photographer and I am looking to work in fashion...

Any advice?????

Hello laurapinhon.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Saigon forum.

The Jobs in Saigon section could help. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Laura,

Welcome in HCMC. I guess it must be quite frustrating to search for a job in Saigon and not to have anybody to support you and guide you.

However, I think that everywhere there are opportunities. First of all as a professional photographer you must have already created a portfolio that you can show to potential clients. If not, start immediately to prepare it. Here in Saigon, the locals do like you to show off your profile. It's a developing country (and city) so the more open you are the better for you.

I am not in your business area, but I strongly believe that by serfing the net you will start unfolding the fashion world here and you will find the correct paths to lead you to employment and later to success.

One of the most important things is NOT to saty at home! Do not get depressed by the circumstances. Unemployment might be a difficult situation and may create difficulties in your approach with others. Get out, meet people, hang out and have fun with your friends or even with the few locals that you already met. Stay connected with everybody. Later on, you will find the time to assess who you will keep in your network and who not.

Well, it's rather difficult to write all the advice I have within a message. I hope that I gave you a good start.

Cheers
Nick

hi
where do u live?

hi I am new to Saigon too and I am from Malaysia.

I wish to find female friend to hang out like drinking, chatting or do something together. what do you think?

newexpat137 > please note Expat.com is NOT a dating website