Renting in malaysia. or need to buy

Hi, we went to Malaysia 2 yrs ago withintention of staying there, but was told we could not live there permenantly by renting. We would have to join the 2nd home project.  Not wanting to buy, we nipped over to Thailand with a little regret. So my question is, can a person or 2 live in Malaysia without joining the 2nd home project. Renting only

Welcome on Expat-blog! I have moved the thread on the Malaysia forum. I hope another members will be able to help you.

Best of luck
Christine

i think u can still rent and stay here..depends on what are u plans here.

I think that you were misinformed.  Foreigners can rent or buy.  There seems to be no requirement to buy only.  I know people who have been renting for 10-15 years.

yes foreign can buy @ rent the house...i dun see any countries  are restrict on these matter. log to my blog http://faizjoe.blogspot.com

I am new to this site. I am a married father of 3 kids.. 4 yrs, 2 yrs and 11 months. I planned to mo ve to KL with my family, wife and 3 kids and with the desire for my children to start schooling in malaysia, but how would i go about that as i am coming on 3 months tourist visa, please advice. Also i need your advice on crime free and secure area where i can rent an accomodation to stay. Joseph