Company registration

Hi,

I am about to embark on the journey of company registration and am seeking advise. I have started to look at the process described on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs homepage.

I know that some processes, especially when dealing with Government authorities, and be confusing. Websites, forms and information published online is often outdates or different versions are published creating confusion.

My questions - how straight forward is the company registration / company set up process? Fairly simple compared to other processes or is it advisable to engage one of these companies doing the process on my behalf? What is the indicative cost / fair prices for such a service?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandra

[Moderated: Off topic]

If you have to open a company here, You'd need the services of a professional consultant (who has experience of opening for foreign entities also, as in that case he would be faster in his work & waste less of your time).

There are 3 kinds of professional consultants engaged in this sort of work-

1.Lawers (includes law firms)

2. Chartered Accountants (includes C.A. Firms)

3. Some Company Secretaries (very few, you can count on your number of fingers in your hand for al of India)

Now Lawers are most expensive & are given to coming up with hidden costs at the last minutes ot each stage...

again if it was a large MNC, their needs are different so they go only through law firms(team of lawers from home country in touch with team of lawers here & so many dynamics at play)

But since you are asking here in this forum & with such general query, so I guess its a smal entrepreneurial individual making a query & so I give my views accordingly....  so big law firms are out.

Now for small lawers there is an ideotic thing i have encountered time & again-  they have a tendency to market themselves as capable of doing jobs of "any field" involving law or having an associate who knows....  ;-) & its always a minesfield to get that job done if the job is not a regular thing he is doing or even if it deviates a little from the beaten track he's used to going on everyday...

CA's are real professionals here in India (the ones who are not without work- which would mean they never worked hard) they'd try to keep their word. Not try to fleese you with hidden extra costs etc. & would be reasonable in their charges

Company secretary would be cheaper than a CA if he has experience of this sort of work. He'd be cheaper because of simple demand/supply equation prevailing for Company Secretaries. But YOU HAVE TO SEE THAT HE HAS EXPERIENCE of opening up COMPANY For FOREIGN ENTITY.

Hope the above helps you or anybody else wanting to open up a Company in India.

Wish you all the best for your entrepreneurial Initiative in India !

Hope you flourish & tell others how wonderful it is to business in India once you get to know-  how simple it is to get things done in India "the way Indians do..."

Have a nice day & a happy weekend !:)

Text me if u still looking for the support

Hi Sandra,

I have registered a company 3 years ago and another fellow Singaporean started one last year. The paper work is confusing and frustrating and both of us used Accountant's service to handle the madness....

It is best to leave it to those who knows the system to navigate it. The pain is not worth the savings from doing it yourself.

Hope it helps....