WINE OR WINE-NOT??? When we do leave

in a few months the holidays will be approaching and that's when I buy wine and champagne, Can you tell me if it's expensive there or should I bring some wine from California as I can buy cheap here but if it's NOT expensive in Cuenca I really prefer not to haul it from California.

Yes, alcohol is subject to import taxes and therefore expensive (Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel is on the shelf for $38, as an example). The lower priced stuff you'll find here pales in comparison to the quality of California wines.

thank you for your post it looks like I will be hauling some wine and champagne...hmmmm where to fit those bottles???I would have asked that question?????RRrrrrrrr

Yes, is a big problem, I didn t buy any wine in a long time and sometimes I get someone as a present, usually cheap chilean or argentinian wine.

If you want to bring some wine you are allowed to bring only two bottles in your luggage and there is rectrictions as is part of your moving.

Vinny

k Vinny maybe I will bring you some Cognac...

Understand, brother, that there are the "rules," as Vinny states, and then there's what really happens. Assess your tolerance for risk and act accordingly.

Thnks for the offer but Cognac is kind strong for me.
Anyways, we have to wait for the next free trade agreement between Ecuador and the European Community, if they get an agreement maybe we can have european wine with les taxes in exchange for free bananas.

Vinny

You are right Cognac is strong when I lived in Madrid in 1981 I use to go out with my friends and have shots of sherry.I did spend a few days in Jerez where sherry is made and brought some back for my family in  California.