DQ compound

Hi everyone...  newbie here.  Any hints as to what there is to do in the DQ for fun?

Well, that depends on if you're a boy or a girl ;)

There's a lovely 'women only' spa and restaurant there.

Also, many people bike and rollerblade there, I'm told.

There is the Kendi plaza where you can sit down & drink a coffee, or even eat a sandwich at the many restaurants there.
You can bike, take walks (There are nice walking trails), picnic in one of the parks.
Join the gym equipped with indoor pool, thread mills & running machines, tennis court...they also have an outdoor pool that opens late may early June. (Here they have days for women, & days for men)

Al manahil center is a ladies center, it has yoga, hip hop classes, pilates, beauty salon & spa, British council, & French language classes, swimming..

There's a starbucks, and an Italian restaurant called Scallini.

That's all I know! Hope it was helpful :)

Hi Alisan,

Wow, you know all about it!  But you bring up something I've wondered about:

Can males/females meet at the Italian Restaurant in the DQ? Or is it like every place else in Riyadh; ie. subject to the mutawa?

Nope! Actually they also have a family & single section!!

Scalini is AWESOME! :D

Hi Newbie to Riyadh can you play tennis on DQ as a woman are there any groups other than at the Manihil center.which only has one court .If not DQ is there anywhere else.

Thanks

Bucko27

Bucko27 wrote:

Hi Newbie to Riyadh can you play tennis on DQ as a woman are there any groups other than at the Manihil center.which only has one court .If not DQ is there anywhere else.

Thanks

Bucko27

There's a gym less than 500 meters away from manahil, they have tennis courts.

Thanks all.

Anyone have any info about the mailing lists to the UK, USA or Australian embassy get togethers?  Mail me if you'd rather not post it.

Thanks!

Well you see, there's the rub.

When there is something to do, it's usually expensive because they know people will pay almost anything for something different to do!

Yep. I think this society isn't set up for meeting new people.  My thought is that it goes back to the 'old days' when you only associated with your family/tribe, so no need to meet anybody 'new.'

can non DQ residents use the spa at Manahil?

can non DQ residents use the spa at Manahil?

Yes, they can.

It seems that everything started with the hair cut...
It is always better to ask to your barber rather than list !

Barber.. SPA.. DQ Area.. Italian cuisine..

By the way; where was that barber shop ? It will be better to start from there..

huh? :unsure