Buying a second hand motorbike in Saigon

Hi,

I am an English teacher here in Saigon, I moved here a week ago and have been looking to buy a manual motorbike. Almost all the bikes here are semi-automatic, but I would prefer to ride an actual motorbike rather than a scooter.

Can anyone advise where I could buy a second hand motorbike? Along the lines of the Honda 67 or a Minsk? There must be second hand shops around here somewhere, I just cant find them. Craigslist seems to be my only option?

Check Pham The Hien , Da  Nam streets in district 8, HCMC.

Agree with Charm, check that street out. Also Phan Dang Luu, loads of bikes shops down there.
Get a local friend to help you and ask around. There are also a couple of web sites that buy\sell bikes, but all in Vietnamese so your gonna need help with those too, I'd guess.

auto bike is good bro.
SYM is a good model.
125cc.

You should check out the local site called rongbay.com,it is full of ads for second hands mobs,get help by a local for translation

Bring a local mechanic if you are not much familiar with replica bikes :D and don't forget to check engine number and chasis number together with the Registration Certificate. One more thing: Try to bargain maximum :D.(check model prices online)
Muaban

Rongbay

tanphuong wrote:

You should check out the local site called rongbay.com,it is full of ads for second hands mobs,get help by a local for translation

Rongbay.com translated

Hi guys, thanks so much for your help! I went to Phan Dang Luu yesterday and there was heaps of shops - not that many that sold manual motorbikes but I found a couple and managed to get an awesome bike for 12 million VND. My xe om driver helped me look thru all the shops, and we used google translate app to negotiate. Very happy!

spindr wrote:

Hi guys, thanks so much for your help! I went to Phan Dang Luu yesterday and there was heaps of shops - not that many that sold manual motorbikes but I found a couple and managed to get an awesome bike for 12 million VND. My xe om driver helped me look thru all the shops, and we used google translate app to negotiate. Very happy!

Wish you a happy travel!