Studio rent price

I am moving to Tripoli for 6-months assignment. Would you please advise about  the prices of 1-bed room apartment or studio for one person? Preferable in the city center, if it's safe for single foreign female. Many thanks in advance.

1 bedroom places aren't that common and tend to be expensive for what you get compared to a house outside of town.
A friend of mine who works as an agent says they know of a few in the Dahra part of town for between 800-1200LYD/month, but that for 800LYD you shouldn't expect much. Don't imagine this is going to be like a Western style studio apt.

A problem you may have is that most landlords want 12 mths rent up front. I'm just helping someone negotiate a 6 mth rental, but it's not been easy and many landlords won't consider it. It might be worth looking into a long term stay at a hotel for around 80-100LYD/day. That'll solve the issues you'll have around safety/rental/bills etc.

Dear Mudman,
Thank you very much. Very helpful indeed!
I was thinking about the hotel option, moreover that my assignment is a total of six months over two three-month periods. Now You convinced me and  I have to explore the web for Tripoli hotels. Let's see if it works… Many thanks again.

How much are you willing to spend a month? I know of a freshly refurbished block of about 8 apartments in Dahra, all nicely decorated which are available. The owner wants to rent them as a job lot but may do a deal on a short term rent. Let me know if you're interested and I'll enquire.

Sandman, I might be interested. Could you please give more details ? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it was so interesting you had to post it twice ;):lol:

The guy's out of the country just now, but I'll speak to him when he gets back in around a week.

thanks, and sorry about the double post the site went crazy when I posted :D