Melita TV + Internet

Hi guys,

when I came to Malta someone organized Melita for me as I didnt have a Resident Card at that time (still dont have it, but that doesnt matter now).

I didnt sign any contract, just a receipt for the Netbox as far as I recall. Now we have moved to another appartment and there the owner already installed everything inlc. Telephone and Internet etc.

Furthermore I now have problems in my old appartment, as all our TV channels dont work anymore although everything has been paid and I didnt change anything in the configuration.

I just wanted to know if one could just quit the contract with Melita (despite the fact that I have never signed anything) or is there a min. contract lenght?

Thanks,

Michael.

the old apartment will be on one contract (not sure whose name it is in - it must be in somebody's name - maybe it is in yours altho someone else arranged and signed it for you in view of your absence but you must have ok'd it) - when you moved you can transfer the contract - the new apartment may be on a completely separate contract ..... get in touch with your landlord if the contracts are in his name. he may  not want his service removed.

Yes, the old contract is in my name although they took my 2 forenames rather than my last name ;)

And yes the new Landlord does not want to have his service removed.

My question is: How long is the contract length with Melita normally or can one cancel it at any given point in time?

You shouldn't have a minimum lenght requirement if you registered as a non-resident.

When I arrived I wasn't "allowed" to select packages offers (for 12 or 24 months) because I didn't have an ID yet.
Then I just took TV + Internet.
I still pay month by month and I don't have any binding period as far as I know.

So I guess you can just contact them and tell them you want to stop your TV and Internet subscribtion, and then just stop to pay any new bill from the month after.
I don't know if it is the right way to do it, but this is what I would do.

If there is not any contract, this is their problem so why would you mind ?

Edit : Now it could be different if you need to get your deposit back if you haven't done it yet.

you can give notice and come out of the contract.  You will have to return the box or your will be charged for it

Actually I think I already paid like 200 EUR for the shitty box, have to look for the receipt.

Thanks guys!

There must be some paperwork or records of what your "deal" is -ask and ye shall find out.

melita normally stick you with 15-24 months contracts

If the TV etc does not work in your old apartment anymore perhaps the landlord has already cancelled it, have you asked him?

Terry

Internet works, only TV doesnt. The Landlord doesnt even know that I am with Melita. Maybe it works today, need to check it later.

The customer support was really not cool, called them on Wednesday, they put me on hold for 20minutes and afterwards told me, she has to speak to her supervisor who is not there today and as she will not be in office on thrusday she will get back to me on Friday. LOL

Check the "My Melita" service. See if you can log in here:

http://my.melita.com/

There should be some information there about your invoice history etc - and you can find out if you're in credit or debit.

:) yeah I pay my bills through that.

Acutally the women from Melita just called me and told me that my NetBox is broken and that some has to come to my appartment and give me a new one.

As I will be travelling from tomrrow onwards the good technician can not come :(

Oh, cool. Good luck getting it sorted then!