Get hired by a new - established private company in Thai Land.

Hi all,
I just passed the interview at a Thai Company through a Headhunter company in Viet Nam.
Though, I am very excited and eager to stay and work at a company in Thai Lan, I have not had many information related to this company. The Vietnamese HR company in Viet Nam only told me that: My job would be a social marketing position and my company is very small one which office located in the boss's house.
I am wondering about that and a little afraid of something wrong and what might happen if just only me and my boss live in the same place.
Next week, I will have the final interview with the Thai boss in my city.

Can you please step in my shoes and give me some advice??

I really appreciate your kind help in this time.
Thank you so much!

With only the info you have provided my first instinct would be to look for other job opportunities.

I think you should be nervous about this.  Its not a normal thing to ask of an employee.  Is he planning on you cooking and cleaning as part of your job.  You are putting yourself in a vlunerable position for sure.  Also is he married or living alone.  If he lives alone, beware!  I'm 63 with three grown daughters.  If they asked me my opinion I'd say run away and don't look back.  If you feel it might be okay.  I'd find the biggest friend you have and bring him by and introduce him as your boyfriend.
Best wishes to you.
Bob

lilythuy wrote:

Hi all,
I just passed the interview at a Thai Company through a Headhunter company in Viet Nam.
Though, I am very excited and eager to stay and work at a company in Thai Lan, I have not had many information related to this company. The Vietnamese HR company in Viet Nam only told me that: My job would be a social marketing position and my company is very small one which office located in the boss's house.
I am wondering about that and a little afraid of something wrong and what might happen if just only me and my boss live in the same place.
Next week, I will have the final interview with the Thai boss in my city.

Can you please step in my shoes and give me some advice??

I really appreciate your kind help in this time.
Thank you so much!

It doesn't matter how small the company is but if any Thai employer is recruiting any foreigners then there should be 4 Thais already employed in that company to apply 1 work permit for that foreigner.
So at the time of your interview you should double check the conditions of your employment including the work permit thing.
good luck

Thanks so much for your advice!
next week, I have a meeting with the Thai boss, He will flight to my city and see some candidates including me.
In the email sending to me, he said that " Due to work station is at my home, you can work at my home, i can brief you everyday before i go to work and you can live in one room at my home, morning meal and lunch can have in village or near location near village. Furthermore, You work with one personal computer on desk, and share idea with me how to develop access clients".
As writing so, he had not mentioned to how many people I might work with!
So it is the reason why I am so nervous and worried.

Besides the requirement for getting a work permit ( 4 employees at least),
Any thing else Should I investigate to make sure what he is doing is totally legal ???

Thanks for reading and helping me:)

lilythuy wrote:

Thanks so much for your advice!
next week, I have a meeting with the Thai boss, He will flight to my city and see some candidates including me.
In the email sending to me, he said that " Due to work station is at my home, you can work at my home, i can brief you everyday before i go to work and you can live in one room at my home, morning meal and lunch can have in village or near location near village. Furthermore, You work with one personal computer on desk, and share idea with me how to develop access clients".
As writing so, he had not mentioned to how many people I might work with!
So it is the reason why I am so nervous and worried.

Besides the requirement for getting a work permit ( 4 employees at least),
Any thing else Should I investigate to make sure what he is doing is totally legal ???

Thanks for reading and helping me:)

if your employer is recruiting more foreign staff  then this company should be big the formula is 1 foreigner x 4 Thais staff + 2 million registered capital = 1 work permit so you can multiply it by the number of foreign employees he is looking for, ask the name of company and Google it with Thai revenue department.

Thanks Skyaslimit so much for helping me trace out this company.

I just asked the person working at Headhunter company in my city.
She said that the Thai guy ( my future boss) is opening his company without website currently. The reason why he is recruiting a social marketing and online sales development staff is to doing the content for his upcoming - launching website. So I have no any clues:(. So that??
Any company or other documents should I force him to submit to guarantee his real company ( such as business application, financial statement ) ???

lilythuy wrote:

Thanks Skyaslimit so much for helping me trace out this company.

I just asked the person working at Headhunter company in my city.
She said that the Thai guy ( my future boss) is opening his company without website currently. The reason why he is recruiting a social marketing and online sales development staff is to doing the content for his upcoming - launching website. So I have no any clues:(. So that??
Any company or other documents should I force him to submit to guarantee his real company ( such as business application, financial statement ) ???

I need to know one thing if you are comfortable with that before I give you any further opinion! how much they are offering?

With the additional info you have provided I would definitely cancel any interview and look for other job opportunities.

Once again,Thanks so much for helping me to tackle this problem:)