Two month tourist visa clarification

Hey all,

I want to make sure I understand how two month visa with multiple entries works.

I get two months when I first arrive and can then extend for 30 days, right?

After those 90 days, I must leave the country but can return on the same visa since it has two entries, right? I don't have to do any paperwork just come back and that activates the next 60 days.

I originally though a multiple entry visa meant I could come and go twice during the 60 month period that's not what it means. I had plan on making weekend trips during my 90 day stay to Singapore and Hanoi.

Let me know if I am understanding it correctly. Thanks.
Ty

hello latersbra,

Sorry for i don't know much for the details of visa conditions but i want to say welcome to Thailand and wish you have great day here.

Regard
Pat

All entries must be used before the must use by date on the actual visa you obtain at Thai consulate.

Right, I've figured that the case but I don't need to do any paperwork to initiate the second visa, right? Just leaven and come back by that end date, correct?

Yes, you must leave and re-enter Thailand prior to the "use by date" on the original visa issued by Thai Consulate.  Extensions you may obtain in Thailand do not change original date on visa.

example:

You go to Thai Consulate and obtain multi entry visa issued on June 1, 2013 with a use by date of August 29, 2013.  You must use entries prior to August 29th or you will need new visa. Nothing in the way of extensions you obtain in Thailand will change August 29th date for use of visa entries.

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.