True help needed urgently

Hi All,

It will be really pleasure to be a part of this blog.
Thing is I got an opportunity at Bahrain in a production house as a graphic designer. They offer me 500 BD + accommodation (request them to provide 1 BHK flat with kitchen) + Local conveyance (As per request) + Medical + Air fare with return. I have some family issue as I'm the only the earning member of my family with 3 head (not married yet, probably next year end). For all of your information I have employed in India with a multinational MNC and my salary is standard with other facilities. Besides I've over 6 yr of experience in Graphic design field. 
Now I've 4 questions.
1. How much I can save per month with a standard living?(It would me more appreciable if anyone will give me a detail break-up of monthly expenses like food, clothing and others for a  single)
2. Is it convenient to get marriage next year and stay with my wife here within this amount or considering incremental amount and what would be average increment after a financial year in the relevant field?(As I really don't know the approx increment yearly)?
3. Is it not a big risk for me if I wouldn't able to get accustomed with, what should be the next...
4. Last but not in list; what is the future prospect for a graphic designer in Bahrain as per the industry?
I truly need all of your suggestion and also let me know the exact scenario over there...which really helps me out to take a firm decision...
Jo already suggested me....
Waiting for all of your kind reply...

Thnx & Regards,

Hi Avisekd,

Being from different domain i can try to answer only few of your queries , for rest i hope our friends on forum will help you.

500 BHD is really not a great salary , you can survive with this salary as you are getting other benefits.  Try to negotiate with your employer and get close to 1000 BHD if possible, its quite common for Bahrain companies to give you lower offer first and then negotiate.

if they are providing you accommodation , ask them to provide you a fully furnished one  so that you wont have to spend on household items which are not cheap. out side food is not very costly and there are lot of Indian restaurant in Bahrain which provide monthly tiffin service too which cost some where between 40-80 BHD per month for lunch+dinner.
if you get transport , furnished house then your phone bill , food and shopping are your main expanses , depends on your life style you can easily manage it between 200-300 BHD per month

Bahrain is safe to work , there are few areas where protests keep happening and you just need to avoid them .
I would also suggest you to try to extract maximum information about your new company , its status , size and work environment , for this the best people will be past/current employees of this company whom you can try to find on linkedin etc.

I will leave job/future aspects of your profession on some one else to answered.

Regards,
Akhil

@Akhil, relly helpful to me...thnx a lot..

I second akhil's answer.yes, you can live on that salary but you wouldn't be able to save. The question you must ask to yourself is it worth changing your country for this salary? Also, check the definitive guide for new expats which is sticky on this forum. It answers some of the questions you have asked already.

Good luck.

Thnx brightonguy....thnx...

You're welcome. Happy to help.

Hi Avisekd,

Good to see someone from Kolkata, I have lived for 16 years there.

akhil004 has written very well on your queries.

All the best and have a good stay in Bahrain (if you decide to come)

Thnx sgdtobhd....

honestly...

500 is very low salary my salary is 2000 and is just enough for me )

2000BD is just enough to live on?! You must be having an expensive lifestyle.

Maybe he has multiple wives and many kids. In that case it can be very expensive indeed.

I got one wife and one kid only ))

Yallah Habibi, you like to enjoy your life then. Cheers!