Looking for an architect job in belohorizonte

Hi

The problem is not finding a job, it's getting your degree recognized (revalidated) here in Brazil and getting acreditation from the Conselho Regional de Engenheiros e Arquitetas do Minas Gerais that's going to be your most difficult challenge. You will need to read the posting regarding Revalidation of Foreign Degrees before you do anything else. Without a CREA-MG certification you won't be able to work as an architect because you can't sign-off on projects.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177474

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thx

The process of revalidation of diplomas is done by individual universities that offer the same course. I believe that in Belo Horizonte you will need to contact UFMG (Universidade Federal de Minias Gerais) to find out when, usually I think they only do revalidation once a year (in February), but I'm not sure. I have no idea how long the process takes and I haven't been informed by any of our members if they've gone through revalidation and if so how long it took them.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hello Sangee,

Good to learn that you are in Belo with your family. I am Indian, living here in Belo for past 1 year with my wife. I came here with work contract. My wife also holds Bechalor degree and had same cncern.
The first basic thing required to work in Brasil is, Portuguese. You must have little knowledge of Portuguese first.
Second is networking, brasilians are polite and friendly, so it wonŽt be difficult to make good friends here.

There are various job portals like catho.com which provide assistace in finding jobs here. But still you need your CV in Portuguese and get ready for Intervies in Portuguese too...though there are few foreign companies...if you get lucky you may get a call from them.

But again, most basic requirements in Brasil to work are :
Portuguese and Netwroking

All the best
Abhay

Thanyou somuch Mr.James.it was very kinda of u .willvgive it a try.
Thx a million.

Hi Mr. Abhay,
              Thankyou very much for ur help.Its been jus 2 week since we here n so I have decided to learn d language as u menioned.I found portuguese classes here, is it  good to go.I came thro ur blog , it helped me . So hwz life in brazil.Is ur wife still teaching? Its really nice .hwz her portuguese class goin?.Ill def follow d abv said.
Thankyou.

Hello Sangee,

Which school are you following to learn portuguese ?

My wife (Aditi) is working in an language school, providing basic english classes to Brasilian students, she has never attended portuguese classes, till now her colleagues nd students helped her to learn a little portugues.
But now she is aspring to attend proper portugues classes from basic level. The individual classes in schools are expensive and boring, so we are trying to find a private teacher or group classes, which are comparatively less expensive and interesting(my personal view).

Life in brasil is quite good and relaxing. You will enjoy the weather of this city. There are many places to visit inside city eg: praça liberdade, assembelia, many meuseums, a lake, zoo. Many famous places for partying(bar, restaurents and clubs). DonŽt miss to visit all famous places nearby Belo horizonte.

Safety is a big concern, do not walk alone late evenings. As i know Buritis is quite a safer than many other neighbourhoods.

Thanks
Abhay

For learning language, I find Mixxer quite interesting, where you get in contact with others and practise with them over skype. For example, I sometimes practise Portuguese with Brazilians who want to practise English.

I am also an Indian working in BH.