Football (American Football) in Quito

Hi everyone,

A group of friends/acquaintances are starting a small amateur football team at the moment, right now they manage to get some donations from a football team in Europe and they will be fully padded by the end of July. If anyone here is interested in sharing some experience, playing touch football or just spreading the news we will be very thankful to you.

The name of the site is Football Americano Quito -  Ecuador in facebook.

Thanks!

Sounds really fun. I would enjoy playing for fun depending on how competitive and rough it gets. Some of my girlfriends in Quito may also be interested. If not, I love ultimate frisbee so maybe some people would be interested in starting up some games of that too! I have the frisbee!

I love playing American football! Is it for boy's only? (If not I know a few girls who would be interested!)  :)
Is it in Carolina?

Hi, Yes they play in La Carolina and as far as I know they welcome anyone to train but some of the guys are a little bit ... emm... "heavy" so just don't hit them too much haha

I played with them last summer and I'll join them in July when I go back to Ecuador. In any case check their Facebook and decide by yourself, worst case scenario I'll update this post when I get to Quito and I'll try to organize a flag football game

This would be perfect as I am trying to snag an apartment across from Carolina.

Haha- yeah, I checked out the Facebook site-  looks like all "bigger" boys-  maybe I'll just go watch  :)

Real big

Hahaha... Come on. Ok in any case I'll create an event to promote "Flag football" + Ultimate Frisbee when I get there. Any ideas where to promote it too?

Hmmmm. I will have to think about that. I am living in Ambato, but will be moving to Quito come July. I will definitely let my friends know/ask and try to scope out some places to promote it. In carolina park itself or places nearby may be good. Places that active people would hang out?...I will keep thinking.

I have lots of gringo friends here in Quito- I'm sure a few would want to play. Last summer we had a huge flag football game in Carolina and it was teachers from Alberto Einstein vs teachers from Americano. Also there's a facebook page called Ecuador Expats- there are some gringos living in Quito on that site.

Awesome, thanks for the help!.

I'll probably will bring a lot of flag football kits and a few footballs since here are really cheap and donate it to anyone that can promise to take over.

Here in China we started with 2 teams and in 2 years we have around 60 Flag football teams, 20 full padded adult teams and 5 youth teams. Maybe one day we will be able to get that in Ecuador.

I don't mean to hijack your post, but I saw "football in Quito" and thought perhaps it pertained to the same question I have.

Will I be able to find a bar in Quito with college football games this fall? I know that some of them get the NFL Ticket, but what type of viewings do they have for college games? Do they get CBS, ESPN, FSN, CSS, etc at the sports bars, or do they have to purchase the games via pay-per-view to get them? Can any of you recommend a bar or two that would be a good place to go on Saturdays that caters to the college football crowd?

Thanks!

I have the NFL ticket through DirectTV. We do have ESPN here but not a lot of college football.
At Finn McCools they show some games on big screen (through Internet).

amyf wrote:

I have the NFL ticket through DirectTV. We do have ESPN here but not a lot of college football.
At Finn McCools they show some games on big screen (through Internet).

Thanks for the info. Finn's is in the area I'll be staying, so I'll definitely be checking them out for some football.

hello I live in Quito in the Villa Flora

@luiser > the title of this thread is Football in Quito..