Going to Germany

I'm Sol and I am browsing this website to find luck in getting info's about going to Germany to marry my fiance. I am divorced in the USA less than two years ago. My divorce has to undergo to the court here for RECOGNITION and Finality. This delays and make my status very complicated. 

Do you have any idea or do you know other couples who has the same situation like mine? I am just very curios if there's any possible way to get fiance visa even when I only have the DIVORCE papers and not the Recognition from the court here.

Thanks so much for reading my email, it's kinda difficult to imagine and understand my story coz my case is very rare but I am working on it.

Vielen Dank!

Sol

Hi Sol,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Your topic has been moved on the Germany forum.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Sol, we are nearly in the same situation. My annulment  is still on process. I get crazy now with my status. I want apply for NBI clearance, want enroll in Goethe, want attend the CFO seminar because me and my german bf want start working in our paperworks , but my status is still complicated and i dont know what to use now. I also dont know what to do. And just like you ,i am hoping that anyone here can give us advices...

Hi Sol, let your fiances ask the Standesamt what are the documents they need from Philippines and if divorce papers from US is enough in order to get marriage schedule.

For you Lhei Yah, I am afraid you really need to wait for your annulment to be finished.

Yes Cyrilanne i agree with you. Hopefully it will be finished next months. I've been working for it for more than 2 years already so i am hopeful that it will be granted soon. Thats why I start now to gather infos for my next step , after my annulment is granted.

Hi Lhei Yah! How are you? I am happy to announce that my Recognition of Divorce has finally finished last January. Right now I am waiting for my NSO documents from Manila. I have been enrolled at the Goethe Institute also, my classes will start by June 24.Hopefully, I would pass the exam and start to work on my visa. I am very grateful for the progress that happen to my status this year. It was hell and I almost give up but God is just so great to shower me with all these blessings this year and for all the years to come.

Let me know about you situation, are you married to a Filipino or foreigner? I would be glad to help you. You may also reach me through my fb account  SOLIEL ENAD *[email protected], you can also email me.

Hi Sol, im so glad to hear from you. My class in Geothe starts on June 24 till Aug 15 , 7:30 am to 11:45 am. It will be great if we have the same sched. Where will you be staying in Manila then? I will  stay in Olympia boarding house in Makati, maybe u like it too then we can be boardmates and can make reviews in our room, what do u think?
I was married with a German national too, but unfortunately, our marriage failed and I am still working for my annulment. My bf now is again a German, and i think he is '' the one'' now. Even my annulment is not yet done, he want me to start working on my paperworks thats why he enrolled me in Goethe already. I hope i wont get problem with it.
Anyway, im glad that finally your divorced has been recognized already. So, good luck for u and ur bf.

Hi.... hehehe what a small world, I have a bed reservation at Olympia Boarding house hehehehe.... and yes, my classes starts on June 24-August as well. but unfortunately I have night classes like 5-9pm :( Planning to book my flight very soon.... I might want to fly to Manila by June 15,  cause I still have to get some documents from the DFA, and Manila City hall and NSO. I am excited with my classes but a bit nervous. I'm too lazy to do self study at home. :( How about you? do you have facebook? or instagram? I seldom check my account here. this is my fb account Soliel Enad ([email protected])

see yah in June!

I am just curious, what is this CFO seminar? sounds familiar to me, I think I got this one too before I fly to USA back 2009.. I'm not so sure. Is this also one of the requirements in getting a visa for Germany?,

Yes Sol that is the same.
But that is not needed for applying a visa for Germany. The CFO certificate is for applying a passport and the sticker is for the Immigration. Thats what i've learned from Cyrilanne.