Phone Contract

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently tied in with a mobile contract in the UK, does anyone know of any mobile phone companies in Malta will buy my current provider out of the contract?

Thanks

Henry

Hezza wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently tied in with a mobile contract in the UK, does anyone know of any mobile phone companies in Malta will buy my current provider out of the contract?

Thanks

Henry

That would come under the heading of customer service, something you will not find in Malta and certainly not from the Maltese phone companies.
Having said that, I guess if any vodaphone might!

Terry

yeah I thought Vodafone might be my saviour however they say they don't offer this service anymore. I might give the Maltese suppliers a try anyway, it can't hurt.

thanks anyway!

Wont hurt to ask.

Good luck,

Terry
(have you tried telling your current phone company that you are moving abroad, they may be more inclined to release you from your contract!)

Yeah I did tell them my circumstances however they just saw an opportunity for me to pay off the rest of my contract in 1 bulk payment. not cheap!

Hopefully the Maltese can help, cheers Terry.

I had 12 months left in my Vodafone UK contract when I moved here. I already knew the answer but asked Vodafone Malta if they could help anyway. As expected they told me that they are completely separate companies with no affiliation to each other. I had to continue to pay my UK contract until it ended.

I would have expected Vodafone to switch you across! Oh well, it will i'm sure just be a case of having to pay it off I think. I will post up if any Maltese companies give me any other options though.

Hi Henry,
Would it not be easier to let the contract run as is and ensure that your British bank had sufficient funds to make the monthly payments. All you need is a decent internet banking facility.

I have kept one bank account "live" in Scotland and transfer money regularly to that to pay bills etc.:)

Hope this helps.
Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Yeah it's easy enough to do that, it's just looking for a way to avoid paying out each month for something I don't use. I'm pretty sure that leaving it and paying it off each month is now going to be the only option though.

Thanks

Henry

You can generally reduce your package incrementally each month in the UK... that cuts the cost down some over time.  :D