B Work Permit Application Process

About transfering it to home country.

Sorry, transferring what ? :)

Hi Aneesh,

Do PCC from other country need to be legalized as well?

Regards
VK

Yes. It needs to be apostilled.

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for your quick response. While going through rayhk86 post on document required for Visa i came across below document. I asked below question from embassy but didn't  received any response. Can you please help me on this?

Medical Certificate(UK and India) --> Medical certificate obtained from foreign country need to be apostilled in the country itself? Or the certificate without apostile is fine?

Regards,
VK

Medical certificate - if obtained from an embassy approved doctor - need not to be apostilled.

Thank you, Aneesh.  Applied for my work permit on July 7th and it was approved Yesteday, aug 7th. Thanks for your help- did smooth my anxiety :)

Dear All,

I am applying for the visa d from the US. I have an Indian passport but have been living in the usa since 2015.

Questions:

1) does anyone know if the processing time is different when applying for the visa in person vs by mail when applying to the Belgium consulate in New York?

2) HOw much time does it take to get the visa

3) any other advice for visa d application by an Indian to Belgium consulate in NYC

Thanks!

Social security benefits. I was just wondering why the social security agreement exists.

I have one more question,

Are there any list of hospitals from where I should get the medical certificate?

Which of these documents did you apostille/legalize? Looks like this process will be highly time consuming.

Maximus24 wrote:

Social security benefits. I was just wondering why the social security agreement exists.

I have one more question,

Are there any list of hospitals from where I should get the medical certificate?

In the special treaty (for on site assignments), one doesn't pay social security here but in their home country (provident fund in India). If not in the  special treaty, Belgian social security cannot be transferred back to Home country.

Yes, there is a list of hospitals, you can get from vfs Belgium India  website.

Maximus24 wrote:

Which of these documents did you apostille/legalize? Looks like this process will be highly time consuming.

PCC, birth and marriage certificates need to be apostilled.

Sroy2204 wrote:

Dear All,

I am applying for the visa d from the US. I have an Indian passport but have been living in the usa since 2015.

Questions:

1) does anyone know if the processing time is different when applying for the visa in person vs by mail when applying to the Belgium consulate in New York?

2) HOw much time does it take to get the visa

3) any other advice for visa d application by an Indian to Belgium consulate in NYC

Thanks!

1. Don't know. 
2. Normally a week.
3. Make the documentation perfect !

Hi All

Need some help.

I am from India and currently residing in France on a student visa. My college finishes in Sept and I got a job offer from Belgium.
Can anyone explain me the procedure to obtain the work permit B and then Visa.

Thanks

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Hello everyone. I have a specific question about WP process...maybe someone faced the same situation and could help me clarify..

My employer applied for work permit B about 8 weeks ago, and last week as I was expecting some news I received an e-mail from them asking to fill in declaration form to be then forwarded to the authorities at the ministry. Now, my guess is that this document was missing from the dossier and thus my file was incomplete.. Do you think that it means another 6-8 weeks of waiting...or the authorities could review all my files without this additional declaration?

Thank you in advance,

With Kind Regards,
B.

Hi Aneesh,

While collecting documents required for Belgium Visa from India i came across an additional contribution payment proof requirement for the processing of certain visa D applications. Is it required to pay an additional cost of 60 EURO apart from handling fee of 180 EURO? If yes is it applicable for the dependent also?

Below what it says in point 3.
                                             Visa D – WORK (more than 90 days)
Required documents:
1. National passport into which a visa can be affixed and which is valid for more than 12 months

2. Completed and signed national Belgian application form with 1 recent color photograph (5x3cm) with white background glued to the application form http://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/India/

3. Copy of proof of payment of the contribution covering administrative costs. https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/news … ation.aspx

Regards,
VK

Yes. Handling fee of 180 EUR in equivalent local currency is to be paid to VFS. This is ths cost of VFS and consulate in India. The additional contribution is for the ministry in Belgium.

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … 20fee.aspx

60E is only if you have a PR from another european country. For you, the administrative fee may even be higher. Please read the above document and many other available resources in the internet for details.

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for the details. I am looking for accommodation near any of below locations. Can you please suggest any pointers?

Quartier European
Bruxelles ville
Etterbeek or Evere

Regards,
VK

Hi Aneesh

I have been offered a job in Belgium by a established company and i have just shared the Signed accepted contract with offer letter alongwith other documents to start the process. I wanted to gain some information and thus plan the best way possible in advance. Also, it would give me an idea when to notify my existing employer.

Could you help me with some assessment/estimated time for following queries

1. Getting an idea when the Consultant actually starts for Work permit application from hereon and what documents is needed by the Consultant for the WP process.

2. Approx how much time the WP might take considering we are already in the Dec month which might have extended holidays.

3. Any cases/reasons for WP cancellation

4. If WP gets approved, what are the next steps and time duration for those activities.

5. When would i be taking an appointment with VFS and what documents would be needed ?

6. I noted that Birth Cert, PCC, Marriage Cert would be apostilled and also Medical cert is required. Should i use this time to apply for a PCC and get it apostilled or I should do it only after i get a confirmation and have WP documents to show for it.

7. Is there is validity of duration of these documents i.e. PCC (both creation & apostille), BC, Marr Cert, Medical.

8. For spouse, what documents would be required (same as me) or something different also.

Sorry for long list of questions but i wanted to cover up everything that might come my way. Would be thankful if you could guide me or even share some links to read through and understand too.

My offer stands if i join prior to Mid March.

Thanks

Foreword: Please read through existing threads in the forum: https://www.expat.com/forum/256-3-visas-belgium.html and https://www.expat.com/forum/256-5-work-in-belgium.html and https://www.expat.com/forum/256-2-forma … lgium.html

1. Consultant will tell you when they file the application and they will ask you what all documents are needed. There are threads in the forums that discusses documents needed for WP.

2. 8 weeks or more.

3. Not much.

4. Discussed in existing threads.

5. Discussed in existing threads.

6. You can start getting PCC and apostille process etc already.

7. it should be issued in the previous 6 months period from the date of application of visa.

8. Discussed in many existing threads in the forum.

Many thanks Aneesh for the relevant information & links.

For apostille of BC, VFS is asking me to do a State legalization of my document first before going for MEA.

Is this correct as i am not sure but i read somewhere that 2-step process is not required for Work Permit and only MEA apostille would be enough.

It is correct that state-attestation is not a pre-requisite for MEA attestation nowadays. However, if VFS asks for it, it is better you do it that way. It may take a bit more time but let us not leave any room for confusion or so, in later stages.

Thanks Aneesh  :top:

Hi Aneesh

I am geared up to complete all the attestations of Document ready while the Work permit application is under progress. And considering rules would change a bit after 1st Jan'19 with time of processing to increase, i might have to wait for 2-3 months before work permit gets approved.

I have a quick query on the validity of Medical Certificate, is it the same of 6 months or less than that ?

SamSas, you will need Medical Certificate for visa request.
Given that Medical Certificate validity is three month, it's better wait until you have work permit on hands.

KonstantinK, thanks for the info.
Actually i got an information from Immigration services that new rules would kick in from 1 Jan'2019. One such rule is that now all attested documents, Medical certificate would be required during submission of the Work Permit form instead of submitting later (after Work Permit approval). Also, mimimum days of approval would increase from 46 to 60 days increasing the duration too.

Therefore, i am going ahead with getting all the documents as these processes would take time.

More info on the single permit topic: https://www.fragomen.com/insights/alert … ementation

Ouch, looks like a local Blue Card. This will solve an issues with expired work permits B while residence permit could be valid up to year.

Thanks Aneesh

I referred to the same article. However, i am faced with another query.
My consultant updated today with his evaluation that "you qualify for a Work Permit Type B for Highly Skilled in Belgium. This Work Permit will allow you to live and work in Belgium for one year (renewable)".

My Contract for Employment is a full time one, does it pose any issue on the Work Permit and would this have to be renewed by me or my employer every year ??

even when your contract is unlimited, WP/RP is renewed yearly for the first 5 years and then you are eligible for a long term resident card, and no need for WP anymore... It is discussed in many threads in the forum (WP renewal formalities). Your employer will request renewal yearly.

Thanks Aneesh

A query on the Medical Test & Certificate. My consultant in Belgium appointed by my Employer has asked to send the Original Medical Certificate for applying Work Permit.

My query is should i send the Medical Test Results in Original too ? If yes, then for VFS visa application, should i have to do a Medical Test again ? Reason i ask, would VFS need the photocopy of the Certificate or Original and also would they need the Test results ?

You need to send original medical certificate for wp application (not the detailed test results). Normally doctors give you two signed original certificates - one for wp and one for visa. If this wasn't the case for you, I think after wp is approved the original medical certificate is returned. If not, a copy is normally enough for visa application. Do confirm with vfs. If original is needed you can demand the clinic or doctor who did your medical test to provide you another signed original.

Useful thread! Thanks

How do you check the status of Belgium work permit application?

Only your employer can track the progress of B type work permit application.

Hi Aneesh,

My single permit is being processed and they are asking for PCC from India. Is there any way to obtain Indian PCC from Belgium as I'm staying here?

Regards,
Vineeth

Hello,
Attached the link to obtain Indian pcc from the Indian embassy in Brussels.
https://www.indianembassybrussels.gov.i … .php?id=21

Thanks Karan!

Hey good day ,

After going through all your comments , I believe that you have ample knowledge of immigrating to Belgium. May I know how to apply for the jobs and on which sites , along with the minimum educational qualifications.
hoping for a reply!!!!!

Hello Mr. Aneesh ,

Good day ,

I want to immigrate to Belgium so I wanted to know the process , I mean how to apply for jobs and what would be the minimum qualification ?

I am a B.tech graduate and working in UAE in Sales.

Thanks in advance.......