B Work Permit Application Process

Hi,
Good to know your WP approved within month.
may I know from where you applied WP ( I mean Non-EU country)?

B type work permit is always applied by the employer. So the application is technically always from Belgium. Nationality or current place of residence of the employee does not influence the processing time.

Hey,

I'm from Turkey(non eu). But my company applied it for me to Belgium authorities. It took almost  2.5 months to be approved.
Cheers,
Elif

In Feb

Update:

Work permit applied on  25/4/2018
Approved on 25/5/2018
Printed on 31/5/2018

hssn601 wrote:

Update:

Work permit applied on  25/4/2018
Approved on 25/5/2018
Printed on 31/5/2018

Pure demonstration of a well prepared file...

Hi  Aneesh,

I received the WP 2 weeks ago have applied for Visa D on 20th June. I have applied family reunion for my spouse also. So both applications were submitted at one go.
However VFS person said that visa D processing for me can take 5-7 working days but for dependent it might take 1-3 months even if I submitted the application together.
What's the normal processing time at present?
Is there any way to fast track it ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Regards,
Harsh

There is no way to fast track the application. Normally when you apply in one go the decision is faster as the consulate approved both there itself. Consulate can also decide the approve your application and send your dependants application to Belgium for approval. It is all upto then.  All you can do is to wait and hope for the best  :)

Thanks Aneesh,
Yes hoping for the best

Dear members,

I am an Indian national currently working in the UK. Very soon I am going to start the application process for Belgian work visa (D) from India. In this regard I have couple of questions:

1. Is there a requirement for the police clearance certificate to cover a certain period of time? Since I have been living in the UK for last 3 years, my police certificate will be from the UK.

2. Does legalisation of the medical certificate required before using it with the visa application. My Belgian employer have suggested to obtain it from UK even if I plan to use it in India, however, I am not sure will there be any issue since my visa application will be filed in India?

Thank you.

Abhi

As you a a resident there, and all your documents - PCC, Medical, etc will be obtained from UK, the cleanest way for you, is to apply for your Belgian visa from UK itself.

I can't do that from UK as I have only around two weeks left here. Also, the employer is currently in the process to obtain the work permit and that's not gonna happen that soon.
As far as I know indian PCC does not carry any period specified (at least this was the case when I obtained it in 2010 for long term stay in Spain). Don't know how's that now. On the other hand, the Belgian embassy in India page doesn't state this requirement, however, I heard from some people that the certificate should cover last five years of wherever the applicant has lived?

As far as medical certificate is concerned, this can be obtained from any doctor/hospital certified by the Belgian embassy. What I want to know is if a legalisation of the certificate by Belgian embassy/consulate is required prior to its use.

Thanks.

Ok. I understand you dont have enough time left in UK.

So, PCC from UK and India, medical certificate from any certified doctor in India. If you want confirmation on whether the medical certificate needs to be legalized, VFS website (http://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/India/long-term.html),  does not clearly say yes or no. My assumption is no. Best is to call VFS India helpline for a confirmation.

Thank you Aneesh. I will give vfs a call to inquire about the medical certificate.
Since I have not lived in India any time exceeding 6 months in the last 8 years I don't think a PCC from India is required. The only thing that is confusing is its cover period. At the moment I am assuming it does not need cover any specific time period (the standard time is usually last one year) but I am not sure. Have you or any one in this forum came across any such requirement?

Thanks.

I dont know how a PCC from UK looks like, but generally it states that you have no criminal record (which I assume must be form the beginning of your stay there).

Regarding Indian PCC, as you apply from India, it still may be a good idea to get one. When you speak to VFS, you may check this too.

Yes, in the UK the police certificate covers the record from the age of 10. But since I am living here from 2015 onwards, in my case this would be only since then. Same as for Indian PCC this too does not state the period on the certificate though.

Yeah, consulate are used to the format and content of PCCs of all countries. Dont worry about that. !

Hey Aneesh,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.
Just an update for all.
I got visa stamped for me and my spouse within 4 working days(submitted at one go). I had submitted following documents (2 copies for both)

Police Clearance Certificate(UK and India)
Marriage certificate
Birth Certificate
Medical Certificate(UK and India)
copy of your WP
Employment contract
Offer letter
Travel insurance copy(start date same as travel date)
Bank statement
Accommodation booking copy  (Hotel details)

Regards,

Legalisation not required for medical certificate

Awesome ! Now we have some first person experience !

Congrats !

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for sharing your recent outcomes on visa application and clarifying that legalisation of medical certificate is not required. Assuming you made your application in India, could you please also clarify why you had to obtain medical certificates and PCC from both UK and India? Were you and your spouse living in these countries? My understanding is that in India one can't obtain a PCC if haven't lived there for a minimum of six months prior to the date of application. If you have lived in both UK and India and because of that you had to obtain PCC from both countries could you please state the duration of your combined stay? The reason why I am asking this (as also mentioned in my previous posts) is that since 2015 I am living in the UK and before that, for a period of 4 years, I lived in Spain. Now, I heard from some people that the PCC for Belgian visa application should cover last five years, do I need to arrange a PCC preceding 2015?

Thank you.
Abhi

Thank You Aneesh. Your inputs have been really valuable for me.

Yes employer wanted medical certificate from UK to apply for WP since I was in UK when I got this offer. Once you are in India and apply for on VFS you need to get medical certification done from India as well.
From UK I needed it only go WP

Regard,
Harsh

Yes. Same case with me. Even I was in UK since 2015 and applied for PCC in Cardiff VFS Global and it took around 15 working days.

And again when you napplied for Visa D fo safety side I got the PCC from India (In different format from what you get in UK)
Submit every possible document that's my problem experience

Regards,
Harsh

As per my experience I think last 2-3 years are fine

Even I was in Germany before 2015 but I didn't submit any PCC as far as stay in concerned.

Hope it will help and clarify all your doubts.

Please do submit all the documents as mentioned in my earlier post.

Thank you Harsh and Aneesh. Your comments have been really helpful and cleared my doubts.

Abhi

Hello Aneesh,

I am moving to Liège. Is there any trusted website where I can look for accommodation.
New house for couple.

Kindly help.

Regards,
Harsh

Hi Rayhk86,

To come to my city is very good. But there is one point to clarify immediately, that Liège is French-speaking. There is a maximum of 10% who speaks English. So do not know your language skills of your wife and you, I advise you to get to French as soon as possible. Mainly if you want to take advantage of all the opportunities that Liège can offer.

Thank you sir 😊
Yes got plans to join french classes ASAP.

Regards,

Hi Rayhk86/Aneesh,

Thank you for your continuous post and feedback on the WP and VISA process.

I am working in Taiwan(ROC) on deputation from Indian company. I recently gave an interview and got selected for a Belgian Employer. They applied for my workpermit and today i got the news that my workpermit is approved. I have gone through all the posts in this thread and I have few queries before i apply for Visa-D type.

1. I just completed 4 months in Taiwan. Do i need to get PCC from Taiwan as well as from India for Visa?
2. Is it mandatory to obtain PCC from PSK center in India or PCC obtained from Police Clearance services provided by Police department works as well?
3. Do PCC needs to be legalized?

Regards,
VK

Hi Vk186314,

Unfortunately I don't have the answers to your questions.

My employer apply WP for me last week, I want to know the last delay of treatment.

Can u tell as when your employer apply the WP for you, or how many weeks it took to be approved  (Brussel,  Flanders or wallonie? )

Thank you

Wazaki

1. I just completed 4 months in Taiwan. Do i need to get PCC from Taiwan as well as from India for Visa?
-> For such a short stay, I dont think you need a PCC from Taiwan. It is better to confirm with VFS
2. Is it mandatory to obtain PCC from PSK center in India or PCC obtained from Police Clearance services provided by Police department works as well?
-> As long as it is a PCC in standard format, consulate wouldnt care. As now all PCCs are being issues by PSKs, it is better to get one from there.
3. Do PCC needs to be legalized?
-> Yes., it needs to be apostiled.

Hi Wazaki,

My workpermit (Brussels Region) took 2 weeks to get approved.  I am still waiting for the hard copy and it will take another 1-2 weeks. However the standard time frame mentioned by the employer was 6-8 weeks. As already discussed in this thread the approval depends on many factors. Please go through this thread for more details.

Regards,
VK

Thank you Aneesh for your quick response.

Regards,
VK

Hi Aneesh and others, my relocation consultant through my employer applied for my work permit on July 7. How much time should it take to get notified about acceptance and how much time to actually get the work permit? Are there any cases of rejection for highly skilled workers?

Hi Aneesh,

Do have an idea about the impact of social security agreements that Belgium has with other countries for eg. India?

Sroy2204 wrote:

Hi Aneesh and others, my relocation consultant through my employer applied for my work permit on July 7. How much time should it take to get notified about acceptance and how much time to actually get the work permit? Are there any cases of rejection for highly skilled workers?

Rejection is close to zero if the file is prepared properly by your employer. Nowadays it takes upto 2months as I have heard. If you are lucky, it can be faster too. About notification of acceptance, it is your employer who will get this.

Maximus24 wrote:

Hi Aneesh,

Do have an idea about the impact of social security agreements that Belgium has with other countries for eg. India?

Impact on permanent residency or ?