Close

B Work Permit Application Process

Hello,I have received the work permit B from the Belgium authorities,How long does it takes to process the Long term visa application for Belgium from New Delhi?

Generally it takes 1 week,let me know your experience

Max a week from my experience and from friends'

Thanks for your prompt reply ,earlier when i applied for a Long term French visa the processing time was 7 working days.

Actually i called the VFS office in New Delhi for Long term visa they said it can take upto minimum 1 month,is there any change in the procedure recently? because i already have the work permit.

Actually i called the VFS office in New Delhi for Long term visa they said it can take upto minimum 1 month,is there any change in the procedure recently? because i already have the work permit.

Hello,I have received the work permit B from the Belgium authorities,How long does it takes to process the Long term visa application for Belgium from New Delhi?

let me know your experience

Actually i called the VFS office in New Delhi for Long term visa they said it can take upto minimum 1 month,is there any change in the procedure recently? because i already have the work permit

Last year in May I got in 3days, don't know now
good luck

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on obtaining my work permit for the Brussels region.  I'm a bit nervous, so I would greatly appreciate someone's input. 

I'm a Canadian recent graduate with a master's degree, and I've received an offer from a firm in Brussels.  I have sent all the documents they have requested of me (including the medical certificate), and I believe they have submitted an application to the Belgian authorities for a type B work permit, presumably as a "highly skilled worker".

My understanding is I should expect this to take 4-6 weeks to process. 

Can anyone comment on the likelihood of the permit being rejected? 

Thanks so much! :)

Hello Spinnicer
Most likely you will get the work permit in 2-3 weeks; I haven't seen any work permit rejected if you have a job offer & you have applied through highly skilled worker. I am not sure if current situation in Brussels change anything.
Kind regards

spinnicer :

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on obtaining my work permit for the Brussels region.  I'm a bit nervous, so I would greatly appreciate someone's input. 

I'm a Canadian recent graduate with a master's degree, and I've received an offer from a firm in Brussels.  I have sent all the documents they have requested of me (including the medical certificate), and I believe they have submitted an application to the Belgian authorities for a type B work permit, presumably as a "highly skilled worker".

My understanding is I should expect this to take 4-6 weeks to process. 

Can anyone comment on the likelihood of the permit being rejected? 

Thanks so much! :)

If the organization applied for B type WP, it is going to be surely approved (99%). Dont worry.. It sometimes takes 2-3 weeks as mentioned in the previous comment.

Thank you Raj and Aneesh!

That reduces my anxiety quite a bit - I appreciate your replies. 

All the best :D

Hello Guys,

My employer said that I will get the work permit this week. But my PCC is no done yet. Can you please help me with 2 questions?
1. How long does it take (normally) to get the PCC after police verification?
2. How long does it take to get the visa from date of application (applying in Chennai)?

hi,

I am Ramana From Blore, I have employment offer from belgium I.R.I.S. they have send some documents regarding  work permit, through mail :

1.       ‘formulaire demande d’autorisation’: I should complete it

2.       ‘feuille de renseignement’ : Ishould complete and sign it

and the documents are in french language.For both documents, they are saying that I have to go to Local communal administration (maison communale) in order to get the signature of the mayor (bourgmestre). I dont know where i can get those signatures to get, and i dont know which department comes in to this catogiry, So I requesting here to give me any details or information on how i can fill and  move forward for workpermit procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ram

Hi Ramana,

I assume your (future) employer is applying B type work permit for you. As far as I know, paperwork for this type of work permit must be handled by the company itself. You may have to provide educational certificates, CV, passport copy, photographs, etc, but whatever paperwork or supporting documents they have to get from Belgium, they normally arrange it themselves.

Moreover the documents you mentioned and attestation from the commune, etc can be obtained for ppl who are already residents here. Without a residence permit or valid stay visa, you cannot approach the commune and ask them to attest some documents for you.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Aneesh

Thank you very mych for the information.

Regards,
Ramana

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks for the reply, i have updated to the employer that i am in India.

They have sent new documents "DEMANDE D'AUTORISATION D'OCCUPER UN TRAVAILLEUR ETRANGER" and in that i can see most of the details need to be updated by Employer and few are from my side as traveler or worker..

Can you please help me on review that document. Can i get your contact number pls to check out these issues. I am really confused how to fill the documents.

//Ramana.

From what you described, your organization seems to have offered you a position assuming you are already in Belgium, now realize you are not and doing the paperwork ?

They don't seem to be experienced in doing this (hiring from outside the EU). In this kind of hiring, it is the company's responsibility to do all paperwork for securing a work permit (B) for their potential new hire.

Anyway, as they asked you to fill in some details, let us see what we can gather.

I can PM you my /!\ I AM A STUPID SPAMMER /!\. You may send me the form. I am no expert on this, but happy to help as far as I can.

HI Annesh,

I have sent a test mail if please reply to that i will send the document which they asked to sign.

//Ramana.

Hi,

These documents must be filled by the company HR.
Write to them clearly that you are in India and can't do the paper work. In the same mail, ask for the list of documents required for your work permit. Normally the HR in contact with you will reply to you with the list.

Hi all,

I have a job offer from a company in Belgium and they're willing to apply for a Work Permit B for me, but they don't have any experience in it, so maybe someone here can help me.

As far as I can see I have 2 options - apply for a traineeship permit or a 'non-classified' permit. I have several questions on both:

For the trianeeship permit:
I have a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in finance and banking.  The company that wants to hire me needs me for writing, marketing, event planning, etc. Will this interfere with me getting the work permit? The company does deal with investors... Basically, I'm not sure how much of a justification they need for the traineeship.

Has anyone had an experience getting this type of permit?

For the non-classified permit:
Is there any way to avoid a 3-4 month waiting period after the initial denial and appeal? Like if the company lists sufficient reasons for why they want to hire me specifically?

For example, I have already been interning for them for several months (I'm in Belgium now on a short-term 3-month visa, which they gave me without a work permit). Before coming, I was also working with them remotely. Could they claim that they've already spent time training me and it wouldn't be cost-effective for them to start looking for someone else for the position? Or could they say that they need somebody to start immediately and don't have the time to train someone else? Or something similar?

Also, even if the labor market test goes in my favor, Belgium still does not have an employment agreement with my country (Georgia), will this still be a problem?

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Expatriate health insurance in Belgium

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Belgium

Moving to Belgium

Find tips from professionals about moving to Belgium

Travel insurance in Belgium

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Belgium

Flights to Belgium

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Belgium