Permanent residence based on Work visa Without Contract.is it possible

I am expatriate and working here in Brasil for more than one year (from feb 2012 till feb 2014). Right now im continuing my stay by applying extension for one more year. I have already stayed in barsil for one year past in 2008.

But all above cases i worked in brasil without contract (ITEM V -Temporary). I am getting my salary from my base country, i never paid taxes and dont have ŽŽCartao de TrabalhaŽŽ

Now,in Feb 2014 iŽll be completing my 2 year continous stay in Brasil with my wife. Am i eligible for permanent residence visa.
If yes, then who will apply for it: my company should apply or i should personally apply for it.

Please suggest ???

Thanks in Advance :)

Hello Abhaycsharma,

Decreto/Lei 6815 Art. 34 - 1 & 2 Lei de Estrangeiro provide that a VITEM V visa can be transformed to Permanent following the completion of two years in this country. You will of course need to meet all the documentary requirements for any kind of Permanent Visa, including providing a Certified Criminal Record Check, which will need to be LEGALIZED by the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in your home country.

Regarding exactly who should apply for the visa is a matter of personal preference I guess. If your company will do it for you then by all means go that route, otherwise if you feel up to the bureaucratic BS involved in dealing with the Policia Federal yourself, it's not to difficult a process to do yourself.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thanks Mr William,
But i have a query, as i am staying in Brasil for more than one year and have no plans to go back to country. how would i get my police clearance certificate from my country of origin?

Is it common process for all who are stayng in Brasil and and want to apply for PR?

Abhay

Hi again abhaycsharma,

You should be able to authorize a lawyer to apply for it for you, you can have your fingerprints taken by the Policia Federal on their standard form, they will stamp it and you may even then be able to mail it, along with a letter of request, to Indian Police  yourself, or mail it to a lawyer there who will apply for it. Since it must go to the Consulado-Geral do Brazil in India a lawyer would probably be the quickest option. I did mine from Canada through the mail and it took a long time since they mailed it back to me in Brazil and then I had to turn around and mail it back to the Consulate in Canada to be legalized.

Yes, the Criminal Record Check is required in ALL Permanent Visa applications.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thanks for your guidance William, will in touch with policia federal and will let you know the status :)