Teaching job in Pricess Noura Unviveristy

Hi,
Can anyone provide me of the email of the HR, or the place where they announce for English teachers jobs in the above Uni?Anyone knows if there are still hiring foreign  teachers?
thanks

I don't mean to sound rude but I don't think you should apply for that position.

Scully, I agree.

I've heard bad things from people who have worked there.  But then again, one man's 'bad' can be another man's tolerable.

Halaf, really  research this place--talk to teachers--before making any kind of commitment.

Best of luck.

Sorry, but after reading your message, I wonder how you could effectively teach English? You have too many grammatical mistakes and cannot even spell, "university".

What is this forum really about? One is trying to change my mind and others trying to help(thanks), but what really surprises me is the last reply.Weird!
I have just asked about an email address! If you're trying to judge my competency or to evaluate my qualification through a typo, I have nothing to say but I pity you!
Thanks for the helping hand.
Better Google it around.
Out of this forum.
HalaF

suzan, we generally try to be kind--and helpful--in this forum. Your response was neither.

Hi..the answer to your reply is this; would you want a teacher who is incompetant, teaching your family? I don't like to cause any offence to anyone and I am sorry if I did.

Princess Noura needs highly effective teachers to pass on their knowledge and expertise to tomorrows' leaders and professionals. Not people who obviously can't spell. You would not want your child to have a teacher like that, but one who can offer the very best to your loved one, as is, with these young ladies.:D

Again, sorry for any offence.

would you want a teacher who is incompetant, teaching your family?

You just misspelled incompetent so who are you to judge anyone's spelling?

Additionally, I think the HR people at Princess Noura are qualified to determine who is 'highly effective' without your help.

I am not sure whether you really need "competent" english teachers in this part of the world to teach their natives the language.

Furthermore the HR & Admin departments of thse universities are extremely poorly manned by very incompetent and unprofessional people as I have seen from first hand encounters of teachers who have come to work here and left within 3-6 months.

Sad, but true...

musicman wrote:

Furthermore the HR & Admin departments of thse universities are extremely poorly

MM, u have misspelled these...please! do not repeat it ;)

EVERYONE on this forum MIS SPELLS words intentionally and unintentionally!   This is a forum for conversation and exchanging information about yourself and KSA, not an english grammar class! 

So, Suzan - BAD START!  Welcome to the forum!  But, you may want to start over and introduce yourself, tell us who you are and participate a bit BEFORE you provide answers like that!

So, Suzan - BAD START!  Welcome to the forum!  But, you may want to start over and introduce yourself, tell us who you are and participate a bit BEFORE you provide answers like that!

The OP was from March 3rd.  I immediately wrote to her to apologize for suzan's behavior but she didn't reply and never contacted the forum again. 

Pity that one person, who wasn't even a member (that was her first post), drove away a potential contributor and friend who'd done nothing to deserve such treatment.

I agree!   :(

English has been my working language for years, and I belief none of my non-native english speaking colleagues has ever attended english courses from native or purist english speakers.  But do that really matter ? The most important thing is to teach students how to express ideas and to get understood, not how to memorize the Oxford english dictionnary or to write a PhD thesis of english literature. Most of the people with who I worked learned english as a third or fourth language during cheap evening classes of cheap private institutes. For most of them, learning english meant learning a new alphabet too. When I consider that, I can't help to admire them.

Suzan: there are 5 errors in my message above (at least).

Suzan: there are 5 errors in my message above (at least)

:lol:

Glad you took the bait....... and you are not incompetent in your spelling.

Regards to All.

he he he suzan...
guys stop all this...let her be a part of this forum...and let her enjoy as well

I know I'm very late joining this conversation but I will add that I've also heard bad things from staff at Princess Nora University as well. 

In the case of my friends it related to promises made about housing (in DQ) not being honored once they arrived in Riyadh.

This is by no means an attack simply a word of caution.

ummm.. sure. Called on bad behavior and it's 'bait.' 

Gotta remember this--it could come in handy! lol

This is by no means an attack simply a word of caution.

Alethe, I'd heard the same.  I don't know if things have changed but last year they lured many female teachers here by saying they would sponsor their families, too.  That, however, never happened.  There were always some visa 'problems' or whatever to prevent it.

From what I heard, some of the women finally got fed up and left mid-contract due to this breach.

Exactly. We had a couple who were also active here on expat-blog who left after 3 months. The lady was American and hired as an English Teacher. Hubby was Indian and he came along as a dependent. They were very young in their mid 20's.

The issue was accomodation. What was promised was not given and the "big" (local) guys in HR were also trying to be fresh with her, sadly. She was pregnant too.

Hello Sir/Madum,
I would like to serve as an English Lecturer in Princess Noura University which is going to start recently.
Name                      -CECILIA LOBO
Total Teaching Experience - 25 YRS
Qualification             - M.A (English),M,Ed, m.Phil(Education)
Professional experience   - Served as a principal in Shaikh College of Education
Thanking You.
E-Mail  [email protected]

Hai
Can I have the email Id of the princess Noura university from H R Department to apply for the English lecturere's Post please.
Cecilia

Oh God Please listen to my prayers so that I can fulfill my wishes and reach my goal.The most mercyfull please listen to my plead.
Thanks.

i  also want to join pnu as a computer lecturer, if anyone has any info, pls. pass to me

hi salam everyone i am an indian ct scan technologist having good experience and my wife a pharmacy technician with good experience so  i want to know how to get job. As it is difficult now a days. Is there any good teacher job with good salary package for female

You people need to go to a job site.  Google 'jobs saudi arabia' or 'saudi arabia recruiters' and then follow up.

Good luck.

inshallah and thanks pray for us

musicman wrote:

I am not sure whether you really need "competent" english teachers in this part of the world to teach their natives the language.

Furthermore the HR & Admin departments of thse universities are extremely poorly manned by very incompetent and unprofessional people as I have seen from first hand encounters of teachers who have come to work here and left within 3-6 months.

Sad, but true...

I agree with music man and alliecat
let PNU HR assess the skills and decide rather than just on a 2 liner we decide as to who should apply and who should not. its simply not graceful.

In this part of the world, professionalism doesn't exist so you don't have to be a pro.