Importing a car to norway--help with taxes?

My husband and I are considering importing our car to Norway when we move there for work in June. We will be living in Norway more than 2 years.

All of the information we can find on line indicates that the taxes are horrendous: 105% of the value of the car! Is this true, or have we somehow miscalculated?

No i think that's also what I heard of (even 120%)...

EmmyB wrote:

My husband and I are considering importing our car to Norway when we move there for work in June. We will be living in Norway more than 2 years.

All of the information we can find on line indicates that the taxes are horrendous: 105% of the value of the car! Is this true, or have we somehow miscalculated?

Find the class of your vehicle here:
http://www.toll.no/templates_TAD/Tollta … 7.03#87.03

As long as you are importign the car as removal goods, and youcan show that you've been using the car before you moved to Norway (i.e., that it was registered, say, at least six months ago), there shouldn't be much (if any) import duty on the vehicle.  There are associated fees, however.

Hello,

I came across your post while searching for topics pertaining to my interests. I have been a member of this site for several months and have found it very useful for locating contacts and people in general to meet and talk (USA) stuff with.

Anyhow, the reason I contacted you in regards to your post is I'm working on building a business here in Norway importing cars. My main focus is actually purchasing cars in the states and having them shipped here to Norway, but it's just the same to assist others in their shipping needs. So if you are interested, I would like to try and at least see if there is some way that I could be of assistance in your move and possibly saving you some money.

You can check out my website at aaiiofeurope.com

Furthermore, you may email me at the company email [email protected]

I appreciate your time and hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,

M. Ceribelli

Hello! I am a US citizen, I am moving permanently to Norway in March 2014, and I am considering to move my 1999 Porches. I am trying to find out what are the taxes that I need to pay. I cannot find anything specifics on line. Anyone's advice if you have had any experience in moving a car to Norway, I would love to hear it. Thanks,

Hello! I am a US citizen, I am moving permanently to Norway in March 2014, and I am considering to move my 1999 Porches. I am trying to find out what are the taxes that I need to pay. I cannot find anything specifics on line. Anyone's advice if you have had any experience in moving a car to Norway, I would love to hear it. Thanks,

You can read all about at least some of the taxes and charges here: http://www.toll.no/templates_TAD/MainTo … anguage=en

I would not recommend bringing a car to Norway, as it is simply too expensive.

Thank you, appreciate you advice!