Going to chennai next week and neep some help

Hi there friends... I'm coming over to Chennai next week as i am bringing my mum there for medical treatment in global hospital. So i need a place to stay for 1 or 2 months , depending on my mum's treatment and recovery. Getting a hotel for a month would cost me more than getting an apartment right?

SO my question is would it be recommended that i do get an apartment? Or is there any other options? i want to stay near the hospital so that if there is anything i could get to the hosp fast.

Also I'm not sure if there is any down payment or advance i need to place when getting an apartment for rent monthly and would the advanced be given back to me? What happens if the house owner does not give me back the advance?

Any help or more info would really be appreciated. Thank you very much

p.s: It's my first time to Chennai by the way and I'm from Singapore

You can post your requirement of apartment with no. of rooms etc. in quikr.com and will get many options. Generally apartments are given on leave & license basis for period of 11 month and the lessor may ask for a deposit equal to 11 month license fee. You may negotiate about deposit amount. Also try flatswithoutbroker.com-Hope it works for you.

Hello

You can try to find service appartment or short term renting but a contract and a broker is needed if you want to make it safer.

All the best for your research and mum's treatment.

Christelle

hi i have an apartment next to global hospital and would be happy to rent it out. please do call me if you are still looking for a place.  my no is [Moderated: For security reasons]

Hi godspeed1208

I invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Chennai section, this might be helpful.

------------------

Hi oopsi,

Please can you post an advert in the Housing in Chennai section, this might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Hi,

First visit to Chennai !!!!

I would suggest you to take an apartment in Medavakkam / Shollinganallur since these areas are nearby Global Hospital.

Try online sites like Quikr, Just dial for short term or Service Apartments.

Hope your Mom get well soon.

hello u get lot of apartments near by  for 7k to 10 per month.
and near by hotels were u can order and get food delivery at home
will keep u updated