Passport renewal

Can anyone please explain the procedure for passport renewal. My passport is  going to expire in 2 months.

mudassarkazi wrote:

Can anyone please explain the procedure for passport renewal. My passport is  going to expire in 2 months.

You have to go to your embassy and apply for a new one.  Be sure to photocopy your current one before handing it over.  They'll return it to you, along with the new one.

Good luck!

Alliecat wrote:
mudassarkazi wrote:

You have to go to your embassy and apply for a new one.  Be sure to photocopy your current one before handing it over.  They'll return it to you, along with the new one.

Good luck!

After that give it to your HR department so that they could update Jawazat records (process called Info-Transfer aka Naqal Maloomaat).

Don't forget to visit your bank once all above is done.

thankyou guys

I am in Khobar. Could anyone please tell me where is the Pakistani embassy in Khobar?

You can do it online:

Using online Account if you have one from (SABB, NCB, Al-Rijhi etc) You can pay the license renewal fee which is S.R. 400/- once you payed the money get a receipt of it as proof. (You can print the payment confirmation report).

Also following website has some information which can help you out.

NewCurly1 wrote:

You can do it online:

Using online Account if you have one from (SABB, NCB, Al-Rijhi etc) You can pay the license renewal fee which is S.R. 400/- once you payed the money get a receipt of it as proof. (You can print the payment confirmation report).

Also following website has some information which can help you out.

My friend i am asking for passport renewal not lis renewal

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
mudassarkazi wrote:

Good luck!

After that give it to your HR department so that they could update Jawazat records (process called Info-Transfer aka Naqal Maloomaat).

Don't forget to visit your bank once all above is done.

Just curious, why would one want to goto Bank after getting a new passport? :/

I have just renewed my Pakistani passport from Khobar passport office. They renewed it for 2 years. Could someone tell me can i get any new visa on it. I need to go to Bahrain. Can i get a visa on it?

mudassarkazi wrote:

I have just renewed my Pakistani passport from Khobar passport office. They renewed it for 2 years. Could someone tell me can i get any new visa on it. I need to go to Bahrain. Can i get a visa on it?

Do nakal maloomat or transfer of information to the new passport. Based on your profession and if you have valid iqama you can get visa to Bahrain.

HRGuru wrote:
mudassarkazi wrote:

Do nakal maloomat or transfer of information to the new passport. Based on your profession and if you have valid iqama you can get visa to Bahrain.

Ok. Thank you

HRGuru,

I need to go to jawazat for nakal maloomat. Is there any office in khobar where i can do dat or i will have to go to dammam?

do you know the timmings and charges?

Regards,

Qazi

mudassarkazi wrote:

HRGuru,

I need to go to jawazat for nakal maloomat. Is there any office in khobar where i can do dat or i will have to go to dammam?

Regards,

Qazi

Sorry mate, I am based in Riyadh. The jawasat office is in Dammam and I am sure their timings will be same as that of any Govt office, 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.

HRGuru wrote:
mudassarkazi wrote:

HRGuru,

Regards,

Qazi

Sorry mate, I am based in Riyadh. The jawasat office is in Dammam and I am sure their timings will be same as that of any Govt office, 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.

do you know the procudure? my kafeel sign/approval will be required or not?

mudassarkazi wrote:
HRGuru wrote:
mudassarkazi wrote:

HRGuru,

Regards,

Qazi

do you know the procudure? my kafeel sign/approval will be required or not?

For transfer of information your kafeels signature is not required,but I am not sure if you can go there by yourself and do this, perhaps you might need some one authorized by your sponsor, like a moaqib.

Hi. I already completed my iqama with my husband as  kapil. but the problem when my process of nakal kapala they us my old passport that already lost . i went to consulate and issue me a new passport . what is the procedure in nakal maloomat with lost passport.. It is tru that i will pay 1000 sr as fine. kindly help me asap... thanks so that i can leave vacation.. before i am huroob. and now i am in kapil of my husband.. regards..

Its not that much complicated, you just need a letter from your Kafeel (Since your husband is your kafeel so its easiest part for you) then you need a police report that you have lost your Passport and give a small add in the news paper that you have lost your passport, along with these documents go to your embassy and they will make your new passport, later you can take  this passport to Jawazat for "Nakal Maloomat" and thats it.

Thank for reply I have already a new passport. and when i go toservice center office of jawazat . they told that I need to pay in the bank as fine of 1000sr. can you tell to me the procedure in nakal maloomat without your old passport.(only available the photocopy of old passport and visa entry) and my new passport. thanxs.

I am sorry but you hae to pay this 1,000 Riyal as a tax of loosing your passport, I remembered now that it happened with me as well couple of years ago, a very strange rule.huh
So you have to pay this penalty :(:(

thanks. what is the procedure anyway to nakal maloomat where i will go bank and what they need?

Nakal Maloomat will be done in Jawazat office not in bank, just go to Jawazat, there you can find plenty of people offering you to submit your dues in the bank, so just submit your dues and go inside the building of Jawazat and there they will do the rest, but may be they will ask that your kafeel should come instead of you, cuz when my passport was lost i tried to do it by myself but they refused and asked me to bring my kafeel with me.

what is the requirement on this lost passport? A application form, my photo copy of iqama and lost passport and new passport? what office i will go in jawazat? nakal maloomat department?

eni2187 wrote:

what is the requirement on this lost passport? A application form, my photo copy of iqama and lost passport and new passport? what office i will go in jawazat? nakal maloomat department?

Ideal cases you need to go to police file a report that you lost the passport and get the paper from there to Jawazat and ask for certification from them as to your passport number and iqama no. You take this letter, a print out from jawazat about company and status and translate both and take this to your embassy to apply for new passport.

If the passport is stolen or lost from you, then only the police report is needed. If your company misplaced it , then let them approach directly to jawazat and they can get paper from there. In any case a fee of SR.1000/- will be charged at jawazat for the letter.

eni2187 wrote:

You already have new passport with you, just take your passport with you and go to Jawazat office and pay 1,000/SAR through any saddad counter (You can find plenty outside Jawazat office) and go inside ask someone for nakal maloomat counter and upon your turn just present your new passport to them, its better to keep all the photo copies of your iqama/old passport etc.
But as I said earlier they might ask that your sponsor should come instead of you as they did in my case so if your sponsor can go with you its only few minutes job.

thanx. usually how many days this nakal maloomat? because my iqama of my husband neer to expired and also me of course. it is possible I have no new passport they can renew my iqama againts my old passport? because I am only dependent in my husband.. thanx for help

Its takes only few minutes to change the passport number (Nakal Maloomat) Just go to that counter and they will do it in few minutes only.

sth7876 wrote:
eni2187 wrote:

You already have new passport with you, just take your passport with you and go to Jawazat office and pay 1,000/SAR through any saddad counter (You can find plenty outside Jawazat office) and go inside ask someone for nakal maloomat counter and upon your turn just present your new passport to them, its better to keep all the photo copies of your iqama/old passport etc.
But as I said earlier they might ask that your sponsor should come instead of you as they did in my case so if your sponsor can go with you its only few minutes job.

I dont think Nakal maalomat or transfer of information costs SR.1000/-. That amount is for lost passport and not for transfer of information from old passport to new passport.

Yes you are right there is no fine if you have both the passports (old and new) but she already lost her old passport  :sosad:

sth7876 wrote:

Yes you are right there is no fine if you have both the passports (old and new) but she already lost her old passport  :sosad:

If a new passport has already been issued after paying the fine of SR.1000/- to jawazat and then you are going for transfer of information, you dont have to pay 1000 again.

HRGuru wrote:
sth7876 wrote:

If a new passport has already been issued after paying the fine of SR.1000/- to jawazat and then you are going for transfer of information, you dont have to pay 1000 again.

My dear Jawazat has no connection in issuance of new passport, so what is the role of 1,000/SAR? It comes only when you get new passport and go to Jawazat for Nakal Maloomat. There you need to pay the penalty of lost passport.

thank you. actually I got my new passport before during amnesty period i think october. 29.. that means I will go direct to nakal maloomat department after I pay the 1000 sr? attached my photocopy of iqama , old passport and new passport and application form.

sth7876 wrote:
HRGuru wrote:
sth7876 wrote:

My dear Jawazat has no connection in issuance of new passport, so what is the role of 1,000/SAR? It comes only when you get new passport and go to Jawazat for Nakal Maloomat. There you need to pay the penalty of lost passport.

If you had a passport and it expired, and then you renewed your passport to a new booklet - yo go for nakal maalomat and this does not cost SR.1000/-. The nakal maalomaat is free of charge from Jawazat , FYI.

If you had a passport and you lost it then my dear, jawazat has got everything to do with it, since you are a resident here under a sponsor and jawazat needs to issue a letter to you confirming your nationality, old passport number etc by a special letter called "Shahadah Isdaar Jawaz Badal Faakad Lillwaafadeen".  For this letter and as a fine for lost passport you need to pay SR.1000/-.  You take this letter and to the embassy where you make new passport and then bring the new passport for nakal maalomaat. Again nakal maalomaat is for free and no cost.

Hope this is clear.

eni2187 wrote:

thank you. actually I got my new passport before during amnesty period i think october. 29.. that means I will go direct to nakal maloomat department after I pay the 1000 sr? attached my photocopy of iqama , old passport and new passport and application form.

If you are going for nakal maalomat there is no fees, you attach your old passport copy and iqama.

Well my comment was based on my personal experience, my passport was lost and i just gave add in the newpaper and made a police report and then went to embassy from where i got new passport and leter went to Jawazat there they asked me to pay 1,000 which I paid and they did their job and my new passport was updated in the system.

May be you are right as well, as anything in this country is possible.

Enjoy the weather man its cold so chilllllllllllllll :D

thank. but in sadad there is no nakal maloomat penalty? where can I pay this 1000sr

Go to Jawazat office you will find people there sitting to pay the saddad fee, they will help you.

they told i need to pay in the bank . and issued me check with my name address to jawazat. kindly help .

can u plz tell me where is the exact location pakistani embassy in khobar??

If you are going in Taxi then all taxi wala knows

I have 2 mnths left on my passprt expire can sm1 xplain can i renew my passprt before 2 mnth?