Visiting Sharjah

Hi,

I'm currently working in Saudi Arabia and I'm planning to take leave and visit Sharjah. I have a iqama under Mechanic technician. Can i obtain a visa entering Sharjah.

Depends what nationality your passport is.

If your country of nationality appears on the list below, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight and proceed to Immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-day visit visa free of charge. This can be extended for an additional 30 days at an additional charge.
Australia
Andorra
Austria
Brunei
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Iceland 
Ireland 
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg 
Malaysia
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway    Portugal
San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States of America
The Vatican
Travellers from countries not listed above will need to arrange a visa in advance of travel.
Hope this helps.
Fee

You can get a clarification by visiting the office of Air Arabia  (or their travel agent) in Riyadh and show them your Iqama.  They will advise you correctly.

Hi

If you have Iqama of Saudi Arabia you are eligible for UAE visit visa. You can also get it on arrival at UAE Airport.

Now we are on process of changing my iqama from Mechanical Techcnician to Secretary. Would think this proffession will be eligible for On-Arrival Visa in Dubai or Sharjah. please advise

Anybody can confirm this to me...

Easier to get the visa through a UAE based airline, with the ticket from the same airline.  On arrival visa can be painful sometimes due to the procedural delays.