Omani Employment Visa

Hello friends
Recently I was offered a teaching job by University in Oman. The university asks me to submit thecopies of attested degree certificates. I approached an agency in Chennai and theye they would get the attestation for my UG degree obtained from University of Madras. But the issue is with my PG Degree, which I obtained from Europe. They said they cannot get it attested. When I contacted the HR at Omani University their advice was: "In regard of the issue with your certificate, The Indian foreign Affairs Ministry, German Embassy and Omani embassy can do the attestation for your certificate." Please advise me in this regard.

Thanks,
mani

Hey maninemili and welcome to the forum :)

What is you question exactly?!!!

If you are currently in India, the European certificate you have must be attested first at the embassy of the issuing country then the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then Oman Embassy in India.

The other option is once your certificate is attested by the embassy of the issuing country, then the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; you can bring it along when you are coming to Oman; and in Oman you will have to get it attested by the Indian Embassy in Oman then Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Hope that helps :)

Hi VidoDido
Thanks for your detailed reply.

Yes exactly you got my question right. anyway I will repeat in clearer manner: I am currently in India, and holding PG Degree issued by German University. I need to apply for Omani employment visa.

Now I understand the procedure. But I personally do not know if German Consulate in Chennai-India will do the attestation,and if they do so, how long will they take?. When I checked their website, I could not figure out this kind of service (attestation of German University Degree). I need to personally go check, which I can do only the next week.

anyone please tell me if the German Consulate will do this.

Thanks

The best faster option is to give them a call and inquire about the subject, that will save your time and give you a clear guidance on how to proceed further.

@maninemili: Have you tried any other discussion forums as per my knowledge, the University and the Attestation Agencies are your best bet....

Hi Rammy87,
Thanks for your suggestion. This is the first forum I am in touch with.
I already tried with few attestation service providers in India, but all of them said they could not do the service for Degrees issued by foreign universities.

Thanks,
Maanivannan

Well there is not need to Panic. Easy way to obtain an equal equalization letter from India Higher Education department. In Pakistan we call it HEC (Higher Education Commission). Once they issue then they do attest them as well. After that from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then Oman Embassy in India.. simple.

No need to verify from the issuing country embassy etc as they will cost you a lot of money. ...

Any question feel free....

To Liverpoolfc:
Thanks for your suggestion. I am not sure if we have something equivalent to HEC of Pakistan. But I know that universities in India do provide something called as "Equivalence Certificate" after verifying the foreign degree obtained by Indians for the purpose of employment within India.

Anyway getting back to my situation, I am holding UG Degree from India, and PG Degree from Germany. I am taking the services of an agency to get the original UG certificate attested as per the requirements of Omani Ministry for visa processing. I got the photocopy of my PG degree attested by German Consulate in India as they refused to attest the original certificate. Will it be okay if I submit the photocopy of German Degree certificate attested by German Consulate alone?

Thanks

Well you must have an higher education commission India please check it.

That's great as German consulate wont attest the original degree anyway as they only attest photocopies and that's enough job done. That's enough for you anyway. Scan original plus the attested photocopy in single file when emailing to your employer.

One thing more, do not mail your documents specially education documents to the employer only email them the scan copies as it get lost in post its a big hustle to get the replacement. Only post them your original medical certificate via DHL as its more secure and DHL have office throughout Oman.